• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
Except you can't as all EOL and no stock.
This is my point there has never been stock at these prices, they pulled the same scam with 3090s, they never ever stocked 3090 FEs after they reduced the price and they are doing the same scam again to get people to go to their stores and say ok no stock but look 40 series are in stock the 4080s and 4070tis... It's such a scam and andybird keeps saying Asia have them for x and x for months now and no one I know in USA or asia are seeing these prices for new, used maybe not new stock.

Also people in USA are bitter about best buy and the scams they keep pulling like this and the members card rubbish they pulled for $200 so you could even buy an FE model, remember that ? You just have to read the usa forums on this topic and realise they never sold any at these prices they are stating and just a way to pull people to their store page and hope they buy something else.

Soldato
Ocuk have 7 models of 3080 in stock, the shop near me has 12 different models in stock, 9 of which are under £400

I asked and they said the AIB's are supporting this price because they still have a significant amount of stock to shift
Can you go to this store by you and take pictures of the stock and the prices you are seeing please, because not sure where in "asia" you are but people I know in Asia are not seeing these prices on new cards but second hand mined on cards maybe.

Soldato
Can you go to this store by you and take pictures of the stock and the prices you are seeing please, because not sure where in "asia" you are but people I know in Asia are not seeing these prices on new cards but second hand mined on cards maybe.
I could post links to their website but pretty sure it's against ocuk's rules

I'm also not really interested in doxxing myself in the process

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
suspect the 7000 series be better priced vs competition simply due to cheaper manufacturing process.
Cards with 2 year old tech start to drop down to around €4-500 euro like the 6700xt which is still high but decent.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
suspect the 7000 series be better priced vs competition simply due to cheaper manufacturing process.
Cards with 2 year old tech start to drop down to around €4-500 euro like the 6700xt which is still high but decent.

They need to stop with the we are a premium brand and price it properly. Not let's look at Nvidia and be £100 cheaper. That simply won't work.
They need to come in with good products at the £300-£800 price range imo and not worry about Nvidia's pricing.

Soldato
Not exactly telling anyone something they didn't already know but...
The store notes that graphics card ASPs have doubled in a span of just 3 years, which marks an unnatural deviation from inflation, and cannot adequately be explained by rising chip costs due to Moore's Law either buckling or losing relevance.

Soldato
They need to stop with the we are a premium brand and price it properly. Not let's look at Nvidia and be £100 cheaper. That simply won't work.
They need to come in with good products at the £300-£800 price range imo and not worry about Nvidia's pricing.
AMD spent more than a decade putting out solid products and undercutting Nvidia, yet most people bought Nvidia cards anyway. Why would they want to go back to being the value brand when 75-80% of PC gamers will just buy an Nvidia card no matter what? People who actually want an AMD card will still buy one if it's "just" $100 cheaper than the equivalent Nvidia card. It seems to me that it's only Nvidia loyalists kicking and screaming about AMD's pricing, because in their minds the only role AMD has is making GeForce cards cheaper. And it's the exact same thing with Arc, where Nvidia owners are hyping it up more than anybody else and celebrating it bringing "competition" (i.e. it might force Nvidia to lower prices so they can buy the RTX card of their dreams).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom