• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
You might be able to get 4090 performance for that price in about 4 years(ish). 12gb vRAM and a 192 bus with frame generation 5.0. QTX 8060Ti. (MLID leaked it (jokes))
I'm not going to chase 4K RT, that's a fool's errand. My current monitor is 1080p and I'm unlikely to ever upgrade above 1440p, the benefits are slim.

Reactions: J.D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm not going to chase 4K RT, that's a fool's errand. My current monitor is 1080p and I'm unlikely to ever upgrade above 1440p, the benefits are slim.

Not for me. I can't wait to get back to 4K. I was on 4K from 2014 until 2022. But I got the Alienware QD-OLED which is only 3440x1440.

I saw the decline in resolution straight away. Trouble is apart from that the alienware is better in every way by far, so the choice was easy and I kept the alienware :D

If I can get this monitor in 4K, it will be bliss. Great thing is all demand modern games have DLSS now so I can always use that at various settings depending on how demanding the game is.

Associate
Not for me. I can't wait to get back to 4K. I was on 4K from 2014 until 2022. But I got the Alienware QD-OLED which is only 3440x1440.

I saw the decline in resolution straight away. Trouble is apart from that the alienware is better in every way by far, so the choice was easy and I kept the alienware :D

If I can get this monitor in 4K, it will be bliss. Great thing is all demand modern games have DLSS now so I can always use that at various settings depending on how demanding the game is.
Let's say that I'm old enough that I'm getting natural AA and I started with a 320X240 monitor so I'm not as sensitive to lower res as some guys here.
TBH my current 32" works great with VSR @1440p to me so if anything I'd love an HDR monitor before going over 1440p.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
The depressing thing is that prices are so off the mark that even decent price drops are meaningless.

Imagine the headlines "Nvidia cuts the 4080 price by £200!" it sounds amazing right? It's not because it's still £1000.

This generation is a total write off and we're in desperate need of a reset.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The depressing thing is that prices are so off the mark that even decent price drops are meaningless.

Imagine the headlines "Nvidia cuts the 4080 price by £200!" it sounds amazing right? It's not because it's still £1000.

This generation is a total write off and we're in desperate need of a reset.

£200 discount ain't nowhere near enough. £500 discount needed at a minimum.

Soldato
Fair enough for you to argue your position, but you haven't provided evidence to debunk that there's been clearances of 30 series cards in some regions.

We're several months post 40 series release and mid-range cards should be incoming. It fits that older stock is sold off to make way for newer parts.

Here is your clearance from Nvidia when they state an over 2 year old card that sold at £369 on release is good value for a worse model for £420 a 3060ti... So you still believe they gave 3080's for $420 now ? :rolleyes::cry:

DEAL WEEK!!! :cry:
XxKdkjf.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Definitely think the £650 for my 3080fe (plus inflated 2nd hand price for 2700super got back) is top whack for me. For one thing are there the amazing new games there which make it worth it? I generally don’t get much time to game and when I do frequently end up playing stuff from years ago. I reckon my current card is the last time I ever buy something approaching top end to be honest. Which is sad really as I’ve always loved the tech.

Last edited:
Associate
Definitely think the £650 for my 3080fe (plus inflated 2nd hand price for 2700super got back) is top whack for me. For one thing are there the amazing new games there which make it worth it? I generally don’t get much time to game and when I do frequently end up playing stuff from years ago. I reckon my current card is the last time I ever buy something approaching top end to be honest. Which is sad really as I’ve always loved the tech.
Absolutely agree. It was the first time I'd ever been in a position to treat myself to the top end, and honestly, the way things have gone I've been delighted. I'll certainly not be able to do it again, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything yet.

Soldato
So card above is crapo mini 2 fan bottom of the range 3060ti, only £60 cheaper than the 3060ti Gibgabyte NON-LHR card I bought over 2 1/2 years ago (later sold for £1100 a year later, which goes to show how bad pricing was at the time I owned it), at the height of mining!

HUZZAH!!!

:cry:

Soldato
What get`s me is how Nvidia are using dlss 3 frame generation to claim a generational leap in performance if you do not use Dlss 3 or have games that can not use it the RTX 4000`s generational performance increase % wise is less and to top it of they are trying to charge you £££ double for the privilege.

Yepppppppp, hey look this card can do 4K at xx FPS, but if you enable DLSS you get XXX FPS! (but the rendering resolution is cut depending on which mode so you aren't really at true 4K any more)

Last edited:
Associate
I can't see why amd/Nvidia would be inclined to reset pricing tiers when people are gladly forking over 700+ quid for unsold 2+yr old cards.

Personally I think it's more likely they'll continue to work on finessing pricing based on generational lag.

Associate
Here is your clearance from Nvidia when they state an over 2 year old card that sold at £369 on release is good value for a worse model for £420 a 3060ti... So you still believe they gave 3080's for $420 now ? :rolleyes::cry:

DEAL WEEK!!! :cry:
I didn't say anything about the UK market. I said something about a short-term sale in the US.

I don't get your angle. I get that you and everyone else are ****** at inflated pricing, but why does that disprove NV shedding stock in a particular region?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I didn't say anything about the UK market. I said something about a short-term sale in the US.

I don't get your angle. I get that you and everyone else are ****** at inflated pricing, but why does that disprove NV shedding stock in a particular region?

The angle is simple really. Nvidia are now charging silly moneys for GPU's even for him, so he has found himself in a situation where his 3090 has plenty of vram but a lack of grunt to go with. To make things worse no DLSS 3 either :p:D

Last edited:
Associate
The 6700xt is a decent buy. A nvidia 970 Asus strix was £300. The 6700xt at £380 with the extra 8GB of VRAM, inflation and feature set with FSR is IMO not excessive. The 4000 series so far is not a reasonable increase in my book. I will be inclined to skip more generations of gpus before buying cards so instead of buying every other generation I will buy every 3 generations if prices stay like this, hopefully a Nvidia 6060 will out perform or at least be equal to a Nvidia 4080 at half the price. Just like the 6700xt is similar to the raster performance of a 2080ti at less than half the price

Last edited:
Associate
The 6700xt is a decent buy. A nvidia 970 Asus strix was £300. The 6700xt at £380 with the extra 8GB of VRAM, inflation and feature set with FSR is IMO not excessive. The 4000 series so far is not a reasonable increase in my book. I will be inclined to skip more generations of gpus before buying cards so instead of buying every other generation I will buy every 3 generations if prices stay like this, hopefully a Nvidia 6060 will out perform or at least be equal to a Nvidia 4080 at half the price. Just like the 6700xt is similar to the raster performance of a 2080ti at less than half the price
I’ve got a 3060ti at the minute and it’s fine for me for another year or two- I’ll probably wait for 50 series or even 60 series if I can stretch it out to make the most of my money.

Back
Top Bottom