• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
well one can wait longer but I changed my vega56 after 5 years of usage to a 6700xt.
Checked the price over its lifetime when it once was at 1000euro and now down to 500.
Hopefully it has 4 years before another decent upgrade.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
How are you liking that monitor ? looks a cracker, it is the DW version ? whats the difference ?

Yeah, I have the G-Sync version. Great monitor. By far the best i have had. Only complaint is the lower resolution really. Well apart from small niggles which is also a Windows problem like HDR not being seemless. You need to enable for games and disable to go back to SDR on desktop. Also it takes like 3-4 seconds to switch from SDR to HDR and vice versa. Not a huge deal, small issues you quickly get used to.

Having proper HDR, inky blacks and no back light bleed etc is just awesome :D

Soldato
GPU sales volume continue to dwindle

Intel is doing well for itself though, they selling as many desktop GPUs as AMD (both Intel and AMD sold 1 million GPUs each in last 3 financial months. Nvidia sold 11 million)

Last edited:
Associate
well one can wait longer but I changed my vega56 after 5 years of usage to a 6700xt.
Checked the price over its lifetime when it once was at 1000euro and now down to 500.
Hopefully it has 4 years before another decent upgrade.
500 euros seems a bit pricey for a 6700xt. They are around £370 in uk for cheapest models. I just got my Mech 2x for £380, about 433 euros, and that came from Germany.

Soldato

Intel is doing well for itself though, they selling as many desktop GPUs as AMD (both Intel and AMD sold 1 million GPUs each in last 3 financial months. Nvidia sold 11 million)

Does beg two questions:
  1. Is the ultimate aim of AMD's "we are not a budget brand" strategy to get down to 1% marketshare?
  2. And what dGPU did Intel have for sale in Q4'21?

Soldato
Does beg two questions:
  1. Is the ultimate aim of AMD's "we are not a budget brand" strategy to get down to 1% marketshare?
  2. And what dGPU did Intel have for sale in Q4'21?

These are shipments. No one actually knows sales. If Intel ship as many in Q1 then you know they are selling.

Also this must count Iris GPUs or something.

Last edited:
Associate

This is just sad.

AMD missed such an open goal with Nvidias ridiculous pricing, they could have easily gained market share.

Personally I'm glad sales are declining and I hope they continue only by not buying them will both of them wake up.

Last edited:
Associate

Market contraction was always going to happen following the high that occurred around lockdown and the mining boom around Ethereum.

Soldato
This is just sad.

AMD missed such an open goal with Nvidias ridiculous pricing, they could have easily gained market share.

Personally I'm glad sales are declining and I hope they continue only by not buying them will both of them wake up.
The funny thing is miners had no problem buying AMD GPUs. Convincing gamers is another matter...

Crazy how quick Intel managed to grab that 9%.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The funny thing is miners had no problem buying AMD GPUs. Convincing gamers is another matter...

Crazy how quick Intel managed to grab that 9%.

The crazy part being they managed to do it with a GPU that has crappy drivers. Goes to show how bad AMD are doing with Radeons in my opinion.

Open goal and they scored a own goal with RDNA 3. Incredible really :cry:

Associate

Crazy how quick Intel managed to grab that 9%

Do we know what cards count for that though? Could be including cards other than GPU, laptops have always used Intel for a decade.

If it is all intels new Arc series though, I don't think it shows Intel is good, or anything to do with crappy drivers... more than people are not going to accept GPUs at such a high price and simply proves that the £200-£300 bracket is the sweet spot, that AMD forgot despite a massive campaign about it with the RX480 series and Polaris

Last edited:
Associate
Do we know what cards count for that though? Could be including cards other than GPU, laptops have always used Intel for a decade.

If it is all intels new Arc series though, I don't think it shows Intel is good, or anything to do with crappy drivers... more than people are not going to accept GPUs at such a high price and simply proves that the £200-£300 bracket is the sweet spot, that AMD forgot despite a massive campaign about it with the RX480 series and Polaris
I suspect most people will spend for a GPU as much as they do for a smartphone. Guess what's the most bought price range?

Associate
I have a 3070 so it does struggle in 4k so I am debating if I should upgrade or not..problem is there are so many cards I'm not even sure what's the next best GPU that's got a good price/performance ratio..

Back
Top Bottom