• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
AMD have given up on GPU market , thats the only conclusion I can draw from the current scenario where Nvidia taking gamers to £ cleaners leaving themselves wide open to competition especially at mid-range level and AMD do not capitalize,

I predict AMD will continue to lose market share over coming years and completely exit gpu market in 5 years.

Associate
AMD have given up on GPU market , thats the only conclusion I can draw from the current scenario where Nvidia taking gamers to £ cleaners leaving themselves wide open to competition especially at mid-range level and AMD do not capitalize,

I predict AMD will continue to lose market share over coming years and completely exit gpu market in 5 years.
Nah, the current GPU lineup basically pays the research for the volume products (consoles) so it will stay.

Associate

Agree on some levels. Why AMD doesn’t just undercut Nvidia instead of almost price parity makes me confused . They have realised CPUs are where the money is per wafer. I really wanted to buy an AMD card this gen but have decided to stick with my 3060ti FE a bit longer as I don’t see any gains for a mid tier product from either company.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
I don't think they give a single toss about an issue that isn't their problem. Not having cheap cards is a consumer problem. Making money is AMD's non-existent problem.

They are making bank with the orders they put into TSMC for wafers by turning them into desirable cpus and desirable console chips.

AMD has no edge, zero edge in making dGPUs so what's the point of fighting over the prices Nvidia sets. Intel made a wonky card 5 minutes ago and still manages to sell it. There's easy money to tag along and slightly undercut Nvidia without rocking the boat.

Associate
I don't think they give a single toss about an issue that isn't their problem. Not having cheap cards is a consumer problem. Making money is AMD's non-existent problem.

They are making bank with the orders they put into TSMC for wafers by turning them into desirable cpus and desirable console chips.

AMD has no edge, zero edge in making dGPUs so what's the point of fighting over the prices Nvidia sets. Intel made a wonky card 5 minutes ago and still manages to sell it. There's easy money to tag along and slightly undercut Nvidia without rocking the boat.
That's a really sad state of affairs in the GPU market.

Soldato
That's a really sad state of affairs in the GPU market.

Right. AMD has good graphics card tech but it doesn't have any great strength and it has better ways of making money with the same wafers it has to buy.

However Intel isn't having a great time selling its traditional cpus. It makes more sense for Intel to get in on gpus and crowbar its way in using its huge network of oem partners to shovel out these intel gpus in prebuilds even if individuals aren't buying many. It will be cheaper than buying AMD and Nvidia cards.

Oh and in the medium term it can snipe the console market from AMD if it gets its act together to make custom and powerful APUs.

Last edited:
Associate
That 9% figure for intel GPU market share is incorrect and has been updated by JPR. Looks like some data centre GPU shipments had been included in the initial set of figures. https://www.jonpeddie.com/news/intels-aurora-dgpus-erroneously-boosted-gpu-market-share/
Intel_aurora_004.png

Associate
I'm still using my stop gap 3060ti FE but it's struggling with 3440x1440. I would happily go for the 7900xtx this round of GPU's, but imo it's a £750 to £850 card at best. I'm sure they could sell at that price and still make large margins, but they are appallingly priced. I'm voting with my wallet until things change.

Associate
I'm still using my stop gap 3060ti FE but it's struggling with 3440x1440. I would happily go for the 7900xtx this round of GPU's, but imo it's a £750 to £850 card at best. I'm sure they could sell at that price and still make large margins, but they are appallingly priced. I'm voting with my wallet until things change.
Do you run out of Vram? In what way does it struggle?

Associate
Noticed the 7900 XT is £799. If a permanent price cut that is good.

I would have bought it over the 4070 Ti, if it was that price at the beginning of the year.

I would stay away from the cheaper 7900XT models they run really hot. Need a top cooler for the 7900Xt, so extra £100

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
You are confusing the early 7900 XTX with vapour chamber problems. The 7900 XT (note the missing X) had no issues with heat and runs cool and quiet.

Gamers Nexus noted that the XT was 'acceptable' in thermals and had an aggressive fan ramp. Also it doesn't have a true 0 rpm mode from what I've read, after the GPU comes out of 0rpm mode and is back to idle the fans stay on at 500rpm until rebooted.

All these things would make me spend £50-80 for an AIB with better cooling implementation.

The Inno3D 4070 Ti at £820 is tempting.

Last edited:
Associate
Gamers Nexus noted that the XT was 'acceptable' in thermals and had an aggressive fan ramp. Also it doesn't have a true 0 rpm mode from what I've read, after the GPU comes out of 0rpm mode and is back to idle the fans stay on at 500rpm until rebooted.

All these things would make me spend £50-80 for an AIB with better cooling implementation.

The Inno3D 4070 Ti at £820 is tempting.

Trouble is it looks a bit ugly compared to other card designs and even the Founders 4080 design. BUT I guess it is a 4070ti or a 3090 in disguise so that’s the main thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom