• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
Oh to be in such a fortunate position that looks of a card are a consideration!
That we are for our benefit as consumers. Retailers are flooded with cards and that’s nice for us to decide what price point/aesthetics we are after. Not having any choice other than to buy an expensive 3090 FE (as that stayed in stock for 5 min) like last 2 years was worse for consumers.

Last edited:
Associate
That we are for our benefit as consumers. Retailers are flooded with cards and that’s nice for us to decide what price point/aesthetics we are after. Not having any choice other than to buy an expensive 3090 FE (as that stayed in stock for 5 min) like last 2 years was worse for consumers.

Retailers are flooded with cards yet prices remain sky high. hhhhmmmm

btw that Inno3d 4070ti has terrible thermals, it is a small cooler design.

Reactions: LiE
Soldato
btw that Inno3d 4070ti has terrible thermals, it is a small cooler design.

I doubt that as the same chip in the 4070ti is used as laptop 4080s in packages a lot smaller for cooling and yes I know laptop parts are run at lower watts but the cooling is also massively smaller on laptops. That cooler on that card is more than fine for a 285W card that doesn't even hit that high of a wattage in real world use. I think people are forgetting we had cards with smaller coolers and higher wattage in the past. Larger cards doesn't always mean better cooling and they seem to be selling larger and larger cards just to justify the prices they are at..They are hoping the mentality of larger amounts of plastic and cheap metals will add £100s more on the value for £10 of materials and work.

The cards are getting to silly sizes and weights now and most don't need all that mass or materials to work in spec for the lifetime of the card. It's all another gimmick like RGB is/was to add fake value to an item.

I still wouldn't pay £820 for that card for basically a 3060ti class chip.. :rolleyes:
They tried to sell you that as a 4080 12GB before they got caught redhanded with what they were doing, but didn't really help as the prices are still the same just a new name...

Last edited:
Soldato
I doubt that as the same chip in the 4070ti is used as laptop 4080s in packages a lot smaller for cooling and yes I know laptop parts are run at lower watts but the cooling is also massively smaller on laptops. That cooler on that card is more than fine for a 285W card that doesn't even hit that high of a wattage in real world use. I think people are forgetting we had cards with smaller coolers and higher wattage in the past. Larger cards doesn't always mean better cooling and they seem to be selling larger and larger cards just to justify the prices they are at..They are hoping the mentality of larger amounts of plastic and cheap metals will add £100s more on the value for £10 of materials and work.

The cards are getting to silly sizes and weights now and most don't need all that mass or materials to work in spec for the lifetime of the card. It's all another gimmick like RGB is/was to add fake value to an item.

I still wouldn't pay £820 for that card for basically a 3060ti class chip.. :rolleyes:
They tried to sell you that as a 4080 12GB before they got caught redhanded with what they were doing, but didn't really help as the prices are still the same just a new name...
Exactly, you can't polish a turd but you can cover it in glitter or rgb and stupidly large heatsinks as seems to be the trend with gpus

Soldato
AMD have given up on GPU market , thats the only conclusion I can draw from the current scenario where Nvidia taking gamers to £ cleaners leaving themselves wide open to competition especially at mid-range level and AMD do not capitalize,

I predict AMD will continue to lose market share over coming years and completely exit gpu market in 5 years.

When AMD's prices were much cheaper, most consumers bought expensive Nvidia cards anyway. So AMD now probably thinks screw the consumer and who can blame them.

Our only hope of lower prices and better competition now is Intel. Let's hope the consumer doesn't give them the cold shoulder as well.

Soldato
Needs to be £650 to be tempting imo
This makes me all the more determined to skip this gen and upgrade when my 3060ti fails to get >60fps at Ultra settings 1440p. This might happen by the next gen or even the gen after.

If a 3080 had an MSRP of £649 then how can a lower tier be tempting at the same price? Especially considering the 1080 was £349

Nvidia is banking on the consumer having a very short memory. Don't fall for it. The 4070 Ti is worth £499 max in my opinion.

Anyone who pays today's prices is encouraging Nvidia to keep prices high and increase them next gen.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
When AMD's prices were much cheaper, most consumers bought expensive Nvidia cards anyway. So AMD now probably thinks screw the consumer and who can blame them.

Our only hope of lower prices and better competition now is Intel. Let's hope the consumer doesn't give them the cold shoulder as well.

Yeah, that line worked when they had a decent chunk of market share. But let's be honest, it's just a line used defend them these days even if people don't realise it, because their current trajectory is single digit market share.

When their prices were competitive they had a much bigger slice or the pie. I kept buying AMD cards back then. Now I just laugh at them due to their silly we are a premium brand bull they insist on.

Soldato

No they didn't. When AMD had cards that competed across the entire performance stack at competitive prices, they got plenty of sales. The HD 5970, 6970, 7970 were top end cards that competed, with lower tier cards all the way down.

It isn't until RDNA2 that has happened again recently and it turns out they produced hardly any of the cards even though everything was selling out instantly whilst RDNA2 was out.

Can people stop making stuff up. There is no, the world hates AMD graphics cards narrative.

AMD also got lucky their cards were so good for ethereum mining. What did they do with that money?

29160939924l.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
No they didn't. When AMD had cards that competed across the entire performance stack at competitive prices, they got plenty of sales. The HD 5970, 6970, 7970 were top end cards that competed, with lower tier cards all the way down.

It isn't until RDNA2 that has happened again recently and it turns out they produced hardly any of the cards even though everything was selling out instantly whilst RDNA2 was out.

Can people stop making stuff up. There is no, the world hates AMD graphics cards narrative.

AMD also got lucky their cards were so good for ethereum mining. What did they do with that money?

29160939924l.jpg

That pretty graph shows that during the time of the 5970, 6970, 7970, most consumers were buying Nvidia cards. I rest my case.

You have to go back to 2004/2005 to see Nvidia loose it's dominance but Radeon was owned by ATI back then so it doesn't count.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That pretty graph shows that during the time of the 5970, 6970, 7970, most consumers were buying Nvidia cards. I rest my case.

You have to go back to 2004/2005 to see Nvidia loose it's dominance but Radeon was owned by ATI back then so it doesn't count.

Yes, you put your case to rest, as in RIP. Because back then the graph shows AMD had around 40% of the market share. Now it’s what, around 10%? Lets not pretend that is not a huge difference.

Soon it will have less than Intel if they carry on with rubbish they have been. Time to put the we are a premium brand rubbish aside and price competitively. I would be rocking a 7900 XTX 7800 XT (yes they should have named it that) had they priced it on release properly. But but but, why should AMD price their cards much lower then Nvidia will be the next argument. Well, carry on I say, soon Radeon cards really will be premium, but what will make them premium is how rare they are as hardly anyone will have one.

Last edited:
Soldato

Lol. So you think AMD has some kind of right to a greater market share than nvidia?

Just so you are aware, Intel has a greater market share of CPUs than AMD. Maybe AMD should also shut up shop there as well based on that logic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom