• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
The thing is what do people actually think the reduction percentage would be, if you take the 4080fe for example @ £1,199 I think you’d be lucky if they took £100 off “if” any reductions ever happen. Then you have to think to yourself was it worth boycotting the card to save £100 ?
I wouldn't pay any more than £700 for a 4080 especially given its really a 70ti class being sold in name as the tier up, with pricing 2 tiers up.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
The thing is what do people actually think the reduction percentage would be, if you take the 4080fe for example @ £1,199 I think you’d be lucky if they took £100 off “if” any reductions ever happen. Then you have to think to yourself was it worth boycotting the card to save £100 ?
I'm not boycotting anything, I just don't see the value. I'm more than happy with my 3080 FE and it could easily last me until next gen and the PS6.

Could Nvidia last even 6 months if no one bought the 4xxxx series?

Associate
I'm not boycotting anything, I just don't see the value. I'm more than happy with my 3080 FE and it could easily last me until next gen and the PS6.

Could Nvidia last even 6 months if no one bought the 4xxxx series?
I’m in the same boat as you, I run the 3080fe I did think about a 408fe I must admit but then I think I get good fps and usability with mine and when the newer games come out just wack dlss on gain those extra frames and job done.

Soldato
Seeing as they've doubled in price in the space of 3 years I'd want them to halve in price before I'd consider a reduction to be worth it, if prices don't come down then the would've lost a customer.

e: Sauce.

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't pay any more than £700 for a 4080 especially given its really a 70ti class being sold in name as the tier up, with pricing 2 tiers up.

I seriously doubt we will ever see 4080 below £1000, even in used gpu market .

The sad state of affairs is that demand massively exceeds supply in the gpu market however there is a Mexican stand off between Nvidia/AMD and gamers where neither side is compromising on price.

Soldato

The sad state of affairs is that demand massively exceeds supply in the gpu market however there is a Mexican stand off between Nvidia/AMD and gamers where neither side is compromising on price.
Can get them for under 1k on the used market already but still not worth it.

Nvidia can't keep them that high forever considering they over ordered TSMC N4 expecting big sales and with inventory growing every earnings call something has to give unless they plan to increase the cycle by a year.

Soldato

The ever growing amount of stock that Nvidia is sitting on shows that to be false. If it's out of stock at retailers it's because Nvidia is artificially trying to constrain stock to make it look like there is high demand, but demand is actually at rock bottom right now and Nvidia have an overabundance of wafers they need to start shifting.

Soldato
The ever growing amount of stock that Nvidia is sitting on shows that to be false. If it's out of stock at retailers it's because Nvidia is artificially trying to constrain stock to make it look like there is high demand, but demand is actually at rock bottom right now and Nvidia have an overabundance of wafers they need to start shifting.

Retailers may also be cautious in ordering and holding stock since they'll be holding the bag if the price is slashed.

Associate
Come on guys wake up, prices for the RTX 4000 series are NOT going to be slashed, look at the 3060ti and 3070 for gods sake.

Im not convinced Nvidia/AMD would slash prices even if Intel made a worthy splash at this point.

Soldato
Come on guys wake up, prices for the RTX 4000 series are NOT going to be slashed, look at the 3060ti and 3070 for gods sake.

Im not convinced Nvidia/AMD would slash prices even if Intel made a worthy splash at this point.
That can just keep piling up inventory in warehouses if they like. (They admitted inventory levels have doubled over the last 12 months.)

Soldato

Well they'll fall into debt before i do.

If they don't want to go bankrupt they'll have no choice, they can't have assets sitting around in warehouse's and on shelves if they have bills to pay. There will come a time when they have to liquidate those assets.

e: Oh and going on what data is available that's going to happen to Nvidia way before AMD as the formers cash reserves are falling while the latter's are growing.

Last edited:
Associate
Well they'll fall into debt before i do.

If they don't want to go bankrupt they'll have no choice, they can't have assets sitting around in warehouse's and on shelves if they have bills to pay. There will come a time when they have to liquidate those assets.

e: Oh and going on what data is available that's going to happen to Nvidia way before AMD as the formers cash reserves are falling while the latter's are growing.
Ironically Nvidia proposals are turning out to be too expensive even for small-medium sized telcos, not enough margin to set up a data center area dedicated to them.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I hope they learn from this and next gen we get somewhat sane prices.

The funny thing is, they created DLSS which is helping give more legs to older cards.

I use DLSS Quality, but if need be would play on Performance mode on future games than pay current looney asking prices.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't know if it's the prices but stock is so strong currently on everything. Personally I think it's taken it beyond (at least the mega high end tranche) the means of most casual gamers. A long way beyond.

Back
Top Bottom