• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
I think I'll be sticking to my 5700 XT for the foreseeable future. Will patch up my CPU from a Ryzen 2700 to a 5700X I think.

If I thought PC gaming might be reinvigorated with worthwhile affordable GPUs anytime soon, I would have been tempted by a 5800X3D in anticipation, but doesn't look likely.

Associate
At this pace we're going to see Nvidia and AMD dumping containers of GPUs at Alamogordo rather than drop prices.
We're in the 40th aniversary of the 1983 videogame crash, let's see if they remember history...

Associate
I could actually live with these prices if they actually held their value but look at the current used prices, a 3080 is going for maybe 40% of the peak? So if I bought an RTX 4080 and resold when new models launch I'd have lost, what? £300+ per year?

Soldato
I could actually live with these prices if they actually held their value but look at the current used prices, a 3080 is going for maybe 40% of the peak? So if I bought an RTX 4080 and resold when new models launch I'd have lost, what? £300+ per year?
It's graphics card mate to play dumb video games. What value?

Last edited:
Associate

3080fe’s are still fetching over £500 on eBay so how is that not holding their value at neatly 3 years old they were only £649 new

Soldato
3080fe’s are still fetching over £500 on eBay so how is that not holding their value at neatly 3 years old they were only £649 new
The 3080 has held its value because this gens new cards at that price will be no faster, the 4080 wont hold its value and is already selling for £200 less than new on the used market and by the time next gen rolls around I wouldn't be supprised if its selling for no more than 3080s are now.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The 3080 has held its value because this gens new cards at that price will be no faster, the 4080 wont hold its value and is already selling for £200 less than new on the used market and by the time next gen rolls around I wouldn't be supprised if its selling for no more than 3080s are now.

Yep. My thoughts also. I expected 4000 series will depreciate quite a bit.

Associate
Yep. My thoughts also. I expected 4000 series will depreciate quite a bit.

I think this depends on how soon the next range comes out. 2 will depreciate a lot, 3 will help maintain the price. At least then it is a 3 year investment for people. All alongside is it much of a leap in tech?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think this depends on how soon the next range comes out. 2 will depreciate a lot, 3 will help maintain the price. At least then it is a 3 year investment for people. All alongside is it much of a leap in tech?

My guess it next gen cards will be out Q4 2024 or maybe a but later depending on how they manage stock situation of cards they have now. When the new cards come out I think price for performance will finally improve. This gen was awful for that.

Associate
I said at the peak, which was basically £1k, you couldn't get the damn things at £649 unless you had luck on your side.

You could also try to acknowledge the point being made, what do you think a used 4080 is going to sell for when 5080's come out.

Associate
To be fair, this thread was started when 2nd hand 5700XTs went for over £1000 & it was near-impossible to buy almost any model of graphics card.
As much as the current situation still sucks fairly heavily, things are much, much better than they were then.

Back
Top Bottom