• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Caporegime
Prices do seem to be coming down to be fair. It's little by little but in a few months the difference will be fairly big at this rate.

The fact they are already rumoured to be giving a $50 rebate to retailers to try and sell the 4070 says a lot. It hasn't even been out a week.

There is one for sale for £550 and it's even got hot on HotUKDeals nearly a day ago, and they still have it in stock.

Just lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Like I have mentioned, there will be some voting here (albeit a small %) that have decided nvidia do not deserve their money and will get them discounted high end 6000 cards. People have had enough (apart from the fomo ones that buy anyway).
I have already seen an RX6600 drop below £200. But I thought inflationary costs for leather jackets meant prices can't fall! :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Like I have mentioned, there will be some voting here (albeit a small %) that have decided nvidia do not deserve their money and will get them discounted high end 6000 cards. People have had enough (apart from the fomo ones that buy anyway).
Yep, exactly what I did. Top end 6000 series or bottom end 4070, wasn't really much of a decision. To be fair I did want to go all AMD but their prices have been poor in recent times and I'm not averse to buying Nvidia if they offer a better deal.

Associate
would 480 be a good price, though for the 4070?
there are still folk selling 1080ti's for upwards of 200 quid which I find astounding...im looking for something mainly to transcode but also to play a bit of flightSIM (have a ps5 for most gaming needs)

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I have already seen an RX6600 drop below £200. But I thought inflationary costs for leather jackets meant prices can't fall! :cry:

Some don't want to read the memo. I think it was way back when the 6750 (and other 6x50's) released there were dips enough that you could snag the regular models under the then msrp. Its not anyone's fault if you super glue yourself to one brand and swallow all them marketing pills... :cry:

Soldato
would 480 be a good price, though for the 4070?
there are still folk selling 1080ti's for upwards of 200 quid which I find astounding...im looking for something mainly to transcode but also to play a bit of flightSIM (have a ps5 for most gaming needs)
I'm still on a 1080ti and I don't really think £480 is a good price, around £400 maybe but nothing more imo

Caporegime
I get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing a load of overpaid Nvidia execs all thought they could make a **** ton of 4070's and sell them for £600, only to find they will rot on the shelves at that price.

Honestly, I'm not sure I've seen a new GPU with a near 10% price cut less than a week after release.

Last edited:
Soldato
I get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing a load of overpaid Nvidia execs all thought they could make a **** ton of 4070's and sell them for £600, only to find they will rot on the shelves at that price.

Honestly, I'm not sure I've seen a new GPU with a near 10% price cut less than a week after release.

Nvidia's already made their money. I'm not sure I have seen so much supply for a new gpu, might explain discounts on the the not so desirable AIB cards from the likes palit.

Caporegime
Nvidia's already made their money. I'm not sure I have seen so much supply for a new gpu, might explain discounts on the the not so desirable AIB cards from the likes palit.

It's still miscalculated supply and demand.

The lack of sales of the basic ones highlight the problem.

Non enthusiast/mid range GPU buyers simply don't pay this sort of money for a card.

I don't really understand how they are selling any of the ones around £700. I have no idea why you wouldn't get a 4070ti or 7900 xt if you're paying that sort of money anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom