• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
Only MBA cards were MSRP. All AIB cards were priced above MSRP and still are.
The GBP strengthening against the USD has allowed the Pulse to drop in at the MSRP of the MBA card, but it is actually below its own MSRP of £1049.99.

So once MBA cards disappear, there are no AMD MSRP cards?

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Tbh I'm surprised that the 7900XTX is still over 1k for what is this generations 6800XT class performance, no mining, no pandemic so who is their right mind is buying them for that price?.

Indeed. Should have dropped to £799 by now. It ain't even AMD's top offering I don't think as they will likely come out with one or two more above it.

Caporegime
Probably not. Not that I would pay £799 for it myself personally. They need to sort out FSR for me to consider them. I am hoping they will by the time next gen cards are out, but ia m not holding my breath.
AMD must have a distinct lack of software engineers for them to allow FSR3 development to go on for so long, borderline ridiculous now and is really showing them up a bit.

Last edited:
Soldato
AMD must have a distinct lack of software engineers for them to allow FSR3 development to go on for so long, borderline ridiculous now and is really showing them up a bit.
To be fair they are trying to get it to work on three manufacturers GPUs, whereas Nvidia like to just develop for their latest generation.

Associate
Indeed. Should have dropped to £799 by now.
Tbh I'm surprised that the 7900XTX is still over 1k

Again wondering if this is a UK thing, the prices have dropped almost to that level here. Even taking into account the difference between GST and VAT (add 9.1%) the cards are 150-200 quid cheaper in Aus.

I don't know if the UK market is stronger than elsewhere, or maybe Aus is the outlier and the market here is especially weak... either way there's quite a big discrepancy. I can pick up a Pulse over here for 825 quid... if I had 825 quid to spare, which right now I don't because we bought a house and it needs serious work!

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Again wondering if this is a UK thing, the prices have dropped almost to that level here. Even taking into account the difference between GST and VAT (add 9.1%) the cards are 150-200 quid cheaper in Aus.

I don't know if the UK market is stronger than elsewhere, or maybe Aus is the outlier and the market here is especially weak... either way there's quite a big discrepancy. I can pick up a Pulse over here for 825 quid... if I had 825 quid to spare, which right now I don't because we bought a house and it needs serious work!
i65UBs2.jpg

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

We are probably known for having weak locks on our wallets :p

Caporegime
To be fair they are trying to get it to work on three manufacturers GPUs, whereas Nvidia like to just develop for their latest generation.
I don't care about that, I just want it working on the latest bloody card that I bought!! It's the hardware aspects I'm more interested in tbh, rDNA3 arch supposedly has them but they've mentioned nothing since launch.

Associate
Also they are trying to get FSR3 to work on older gen cards, imagine if FSR3 brings frame gen to 2000/3000 nvidia series cards when Nvidia claims that they can't give them FG as they aren't powerful enough!

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom