• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
is it normal for OCuk to change GPU prices on a daily basis ?
the zotac 3080 TI which was £850 yesterday or the day before is now £900. I understand budget, pound getting weaker etc, but surely this is stock they already had ...

Associate
The Asus GeForce RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 that I'd been keeping my eye on no longer has the discount and jumped up to £599.99 on OC. I'm wondering if I should have got it when it was on sale at around £550 or am I better to keep waiting? I only really want it for VR and wondering just how much better it will be for this at £550/£599 compared to my 1660 Super?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The Asus GeForce RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 that I'd been keeping my eye on no longer has the discount and jumped up to £599.99 on OC. I'm wondering if I should have got it when it was on sale at around £550 or am I better to keep waiting? I only really want it for VR and wondering just how much better it will be for this at £550/£599 compared to my 1660 Super?

No chance, drop the bling and the tax. Do you not want to go used for better spec?

Associate
The 6700xt is under 500€ in Italy and it's getting tempting.
IF the 7600xt won't at least match it both in performance and RAM I might go for it, given my library and wishlist age I won't need more for 1080/1440p for quite a while.

Soldato
If your current GPU is playing everything in your library, then why bother in the first place? AMD isn't going to be any cheaper this generation either!
Voting with my wallet and staying far away.
Only way I upgrade is if the 3000 series second hand values go up an insane amount.

Associate
If your current GPU is playing everything in your library, then why bother in the first place? AMD isn't going to be any cheaper this generation either!
this is a great point tbh, the only reason i was looking for a new card is that mine has been abused for 6 years now and i expect it will fail at some point. I'd like to get a new one, preferably Zotac again, so I can have another 5 years of warranty ....

Soldato
Voting with my wallet and staying far away.
Only way I upgrade is if the 3000 series second hand values go up an insane amount.

Voting with your wallet should be common practice these days. The members market will be the way forward for second hand, some decent deals and honest folk can be found there if you're in need.

this is a great point tbh, the only reason i was looking for a new card is that mine has been abused for 6 years now and i expect it will fail at some point. I'd like to get a new one, preferably Zotac again, so I can have another 5 years of warranty ....

Judging by recent game releases I'm pretty sure it will last a further 6 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom