• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which CPU Cooler For Your Ryzen 5000?

H115i Pro does fine with my 3900XT, it's very quiet as well. R20 hits about 70 at stock.

I have got a Liquid Freezer II 280 as well in a box that I will give a go when the H115i pump inevitably dies at some point.

fb8cb58fbfc0db86e19b6f852d41f939.jpg

5950x with ek pe360 / quantum velocity. Good bit lower temp than the 5900x's I've had. That's after 1 run of r20 single and multi. I think the techn is probably stuck now with DHL (last seen in Germany making its way here). I'll post pics with the new block on when it arrives.

fb8cb58fbfc0db86e19b6f852d41f939.jpg

5950x with ek pe360 / quantum velocity. Good bit lower temp than the 5900x's I've had. That's after 1 run of r20 single and multi. I think the techn is probably stuck now with DHL (last seen in Germany making its way here). I'll post pics with the new block on when it arrives.

I've been lurking for someone with a similar setup to post temps.

You don't happen to have Flight Sim 2020 by any chance do you?

I am getting great temps, like not breaking 70c in most games then I play that game and it's straight into the 80's!

I see your CCD1 Temp is also above CCD2 just like mine.

I feel as though in FS 2020 that CCD1 is loaded and the other one is just chilling. CCD1 is in the 80's CCD2 60's.

Just seems to be that game though.

Stress tests Cinebench R23 multiple runs and other general use the temps are so good. I don't really go in for benchmarking.

Confused. I guess that is a badly optimized game.

Not at all impressed with my BQ Dark Rock Slim. Need suggestions for another cooler as this one is getting sold. I had my Mystic light setting to suit CPU temps and noticed it went red (80+ degC). I had CAD running idle, Factorio just doing stuff in the background, a Google Meet on the go and a few tabs. Spotify and Excel sat idle.

Had it running NiceHash overnight and HWInfo64 says max CPU temp was 92.5 degC

Surely that's not right...

That might just be enough to convince me to buy one and sell my dark rock slim
just keep in mind your experience may be different, slight difference in PBO settings or even same settings on different board and your CPU will flat out to 90C under load, also definitions of full load are kind of fluid ;) I'm pretty sure it's not keeping it under 70C with something like Prime95 Small FFT & AVX, unless CPU is in ECO mode ;)

just keep in mind your experience may be different, slight difference in PBO settings or even same settings on different board and your CPU will flat out to 90C under load, also definitions of full load are kind of fluid ;) I'm pretty sure it's not keeping it under 70C with something like Prime95 Small FFT & AVX, unless CPU is in ECO mode ;)

Surely it can't be worse than what I've got?

As I have had no further temperature issues with my Dark Rock Slim I am assuming it was an anomaly and will stick with it for now. It was bizarre that temps got so high with the PC barely doing anything. Dodgy sensor maybe?

On the off chance anyone has a NH-D15 with a case having a max 170mm CPU cooler height (aka a Corsair 4000D Airflow or similar).

Do you all just have Corsair LPX or what's the deal here? The NH-D15 is 165mm so that leaves me 5mm to raise up the fan (since standard RAM clearence is 32mm). Approx 37-38mm then. Basically the 8Pack RAM with top of heatspreader removed should just fit. I then stumble upon someone with Crucial Ballistix which are apparently 39.17 mm. "Ample room between the ram and top of case" they say... also with a 4000D Airflow.

I then see people with this exact same case have G. Skill Ripjaws and even stating the Trident Z will fit in stock NH-D15 dual fan mode. 42 and 44mm respectively... how? Is the mm fairy granting them space?

The only thing I can think of is that either Noctua or Corsair are doing very conservative measurements somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom