• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which CPU Cooler For Your Ryzen 5000?

Soldato
Yeah, the block has been re-seated 5 or 6 times now, & I'm pretty sure it's how it should be.

Current block was the only second hand item I used in the new build.
I'll probably get a new block in the new year & try it, nothing seems to be in stock at the moment.

Playing Cyberpunk last night, GPU maxed out at 48c, CPU was between 75-91c, water 39c
Something really wrong there, I have PBO on with the curve optimiser getting one die to boost to 4950mhz and the other boosts to around 4800-900mhz and realbench/cinebench gets my temps up to 75c max and when I’m gaming it holds at about 60-65c

Associate
Lots of discussion around AiOs, water cooling (as expected on OcUK!)...

I assume based on my DarkRock Pro 4 performing nicely with 3900x that this should be fine with 5900x/5950x?

Soldato
Something really wrong there, I have PBO on with the curve optimiser getting one die to boost to 4950mhz and the other boosts to around 4800-900mhz and realbench/cinebench gets my temps up to 75c max and when I’m gaming it holds at about 60-65c

Tell me about it :D

Managed to find a new block in stock elsewhere & it should be here tomorrow, so I'll swap it out over the weekend & see if it's the block at fault.

Soldato
Lots of discussion around AiOs, water cooling (as expected on OcUK!)...

I assume based on my DarkRock Pro 4 performing nicely with 3900x that this should be fine with 5900x/5950x?

I went from a 2600x to the 5800x and kept my Dark Rock TF cooler. Working sweet as a nut. :) Idle here just using the web and listening to music. Seeing 29º-30ºC idle.

Soldato
OP
Forgot to post a photo of my new PC build! 5800X cooled by a BQ Dark Rock Slim:

y4md6d8i_YhG2IIR8VXWaTBF0aaRKeMjRXV4UfREgIYa5zhFsQoHBydFsVv4Dq5rgpnr0hnSOBrQwLvqnxMLpyyAm22de1R_TMM2r0ZzVrTleWdgMYTwfWmKZa4QqqniVKxHFFGdSfgDLALK3Fxf1CnfkGoUBV0qPTj2S1HMhhKSBIOMVibUM8CoDZi_eQUjivt

Soldato
EK-AIO Elite D-RGB

I used the included 6 fans as intake and put 3 Noctua NF AF12x25's on the radiator.

My initial plan was to have the radiator mounted on the side as intake but it wouldn't fit.

Associate
I have the same case as Deluxe1 (except for in black - Razer edition). Running a Corsair H150i PRO XT mounted at the top with a 5900x. Yet to get three bottom and three side fans (I know my girlfriend is buying me some of them for Xmas) but already my 5900x only maxes out at 79C running Cinebench R23 multi-core! That's with PBO and auto-OC with some cores running as high as 4.95ghz. Should drop once I have more airflow. :)

The only thing I'm yet to figure out is how to adjust the fan profiles as I think they're running at something silly like only 300 rpm (according to iCue) and don't seem to increase with temperature rises... super silent to the point I could hear a pin drop even when benchmarking but I'd like them to spin a bit faster if possible...

Soldato
The only thing I'm yet to figure out is how to adjust the fan profiles as I think they're running at something silly like only 300 rpm (according to iCue) and don't seem to increase with temperature rises... super silent to the point I could hear a pin drop even when benchmarking but I'd like them to spin a bit faster if possible...

Fan splitter for each set of 3 or 6 or a hub for the whole lot.

Associate
Fan splitter for each set of 3 or 6 or a hub for the whole lot.

The H150i comes has a built-in fan splitter for the three fans. But the cable that goes into the 4-pin CPU-FAN on the motherboard is only 3 pin... Does that mean they cannot be controlled?

Associate
The H150i comes has a built-in fan splitter for the three fans. But the cable that goes into the 4-pin CPU-FAN on the motherboard is only 3 pin... Does that mean they cannot be controlled?

The 3 pin is for pump rpm.

In iCue select the AIO, in the left you should have a line that says performance. Select quiet / balanced / extreme etc then click on each fan and it'll set them to that profile. You can also set custom profile.

Soldato
Noctua NH-D15 on my 5950x, both fans. Depending on how much I'm fiddling with PBO/CO or just overclocking in general, I'm yet to see it go above 81C in Cinebench. Default PBO with no tinkering is closer to 70. Gaming around the same, bit lower, and nice and quiet. Pretty happy with it coming from an old Corsair H100.

Associate
The 3 pin is for pump rpm.

In iCue select the AIO, in the left you should have a line that says performance. Select quiet / balanced / extreme etc then click on each fan and it'll set them to that profile. You can also set custom profile.

I did see this but didn't realise you could do custom profiles. I'll have a play when I get home. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom