• I will buy neither console

Votes: 88 8.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 120 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I'll be getting both on release but I wonder how long it will be before MS offer the console without kinnect to make it cheaper and redesign the box.

I don't think it'll be for a while. They want Kinect in the majority of homes so that publishers support it. Kinect didn't get great support because being released so late meant that it was in a fraction of the homes compared to Xbox 360's being in 100% of homes, so publishers just targeted main console releases instead.

I don't think the aim is to get a lot of Kinect games either, but to implement Kinect features into games, stuff to add to the immersion and that sounds pretty exciting to me. The latest Tested video shows that the new Kinect is an entirely different beast altogether too, but, as Soulja mentioned, I hope you can actually use it well as a Microphone now because it was a disaster in MP last time.

Associate
i was going to get ps4 only but as ms have changed the drm i will be getting the Xbone first mainly for forza.
and fable 4 and banjo whenever they appear.

Soldato
Still PS4, more exclusives in the first year (30) more new IPs (12), cheaper, at leat 50% more powerful and looks better. Prefer the Sony first party studios to MS 1st party, especially as Sony have Naughty Dog. Will get a XB1 at some point no doubt but i cant see that for a few years at least. Looking at the poll it seems more are going to buy both than in the previous poll.

Soldato
Probably a month before release, I have both pre-ordered and I want to see what else gets announced before then.

I'm sure I'll end up forgetting and end up getting hit for £400 without realising. :D

tbh, id do the same if i had the cash. as i much prefer forza over GT!

but then i think, well, one game isnt really worth getting the console i dont feel too happy about buying on day one. i'll wait a few months maybe a year down the line to get the xbox one. and stay with the ps4 pre order.

Associate
Still PS4, more exclusives in the first year (30) more new IPs (12), cheaper, at leat 50% more powerful and looks better. Prefer the Sony first party studios to MS 1st party, especially as Sony have Naughty Dog. Will get a XB1 at some point no doubt but i cant see that for a few years at least. Looking at the poll it seems more are going to buy both than in the previous poll.

i highly doubt that the ps4 is at least 50% more powerful than the xbone

Soldato
Pros and cons for me

PS4:
Pros:
more powerful machine
cheaper
headset in box

Cons:
Interface is awful
I dont want to social network EVER, so they can **** off with that.
Pad still looks dubious

Xbox
Pros:
Live service is excellent
Better pad (imo)
Interface is nice (on the 360 anyway, havent seen One's)
Better exclusive games

Cons:
Not as powerful
Cant upgrade hard drive
No headset
Watches you touching yourself

Ive voted PS4 but Im not entirely convinced yet tbh.

Caporegime
Sony have said you don't need to touch the social networking stuff, so you can't really call it a con when it is optional.

Associate
For me the problem lies with Forza 5, if I could get that on PS4 then I'd be in the queue at launch day. That said not having played GT4 or 5 I could be swayed over to the PS4 camp if the next GT was any good.

The biggest draw for me personally on the PS4 outside of gaming, is the lack of subscription required to use things like netflix. MS want a the X1 to be at the centre of every living room but will continue to charge £40+ each year for that and from what I can tell, they don't offer a whole love of value for that. I've been a Xbox user since they first came out and still have the occasional 16 player halo parties on Blood Gulch, but I will probably get the PS4 as you don't need the additional subscription to get the best of it. Online play isn't a big draw for me as thats what the PC is for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom