Who have you got on your ignore list?

Isn't it the case that, even though you have a person on ignore, you can still see their full replies if someone quotes them? In which case, the offending posts would sneak up on you before you could avert your gaze. :p

VIRII said:
If the debate degenerates it generally takes at least one poster from each "corner" to bring it down. Your list appears to be more of a case of not liking a range of opinions than of the quality of debate as it doesn't feature the usual suspects from the other half.
I find it amusing that people would enter a debate in SC and then add people to ignore because they don't like having their opinions challenged. I suppose you simply expect everyone to just agree with you instead?
I suspect that I am on there for pointing out the rather well known fact that a huge number of Socts are prejudiced against the English and bear big chips on their shoulders over events going back hundreds of years.
Your loss.

No-one on my list at all. If I think you're boring, stupid or talking rubbish I'll tell you - politely of course and offer some explanation as to why I think you're opinion is "wrong".

Nothing to do with having opinions challenged, just the way threads and "debates" often go in SC. Even Dolph had to put up a thread about a "crackdown" in SC that doesn't seem to have changed much. Dirtydog and Dolph aren't on my ignore list and we hardly ever agree on anything (as a couple of examples).

I don't have a chip on my shoulder against the English either.

I wonder if this thread can have a little poll attatched, with options like 1-5, 6-10, 10+ or no one?

As for me my list is empty, but there are a few people here who do annoy me sometimes but I`ll normally ignore that particular post as I`ve never really come across someone who annoys me all the time I`m here, If I see a post/thread by someone who has annoyed me, and I`ve not yet forgiven them, I just move on by to the next.

No point getting stressed out or wound up about invisible people from an internet forum;) life's way to short to worry about unimportant events.

VIRII said:
If the debate degenerates it generally takes at least one poster from each "corner" to bring it down. Your list appears to be more of a case of not liking a range of opinions than of the quality of debate as it doesn't feature the usual suspects from the other half.
I find it amusing that people would enter a debate in SC and then add people to ignore because they don't like having their opinions challenged. I suppose you simply expect everyone to just agree with you instead?
I suspect that I am on there for pointing out the rather well known fact that a huge number of Socts are prejudiced against the English and bear big chips on their shoulders over events going back hundreds of years.
Your loss.

No-one on my list at all. If I think you're boring, stupid or talking rubbish I'll tell you - politely of course and offer some explanation as to why I think you're opinion is "wrong".
I've got a number of people on my ignore list, and it usually comes down to them having made remarks I regard as bigoted, offensive and puerile. When I see that happen, I can't be bothered to tell them what I think as it'll probably just kick off a pointless argument, and I can't be bothered to offer an explanation, because I don't see it as my job to educate ‘idiots’. So when I see remarks in that category, I usually don't feel the need to respond, or to rise to it. I just add whoever was responsible to my ignore list.

This is NOT about people I disagree with, though. I respect people with differing opinions and, if I'm in the mood, thoroughly enjoy a good debate. I certainly don't have a monopoly on being right, and having your views challenged and having to defend and justify them is a good way to learn. There are some posters on here that REALLY make me work for it when we disagree. THAT is the very best of this place .... thinking, researching and learning from others. If it was all about only getting agreement with my views, it would be boring as hell. Some of my "favourite" posters on here are those I get a good argument from.

My objection is to ignorant remarks, often offensive gross generalisations. When I see that, I just use the ignore list for the simple reason that if someone can be that ignorant, I'm not interested in what else they have to say. I don’t want to challenge them, or educate them, or show them (as I see it) the error of their ways ….. I just don’t want to be bothered by them. I come to the forum for a chat, sometimes a debate, with people capable of having such a debate, not to be insulted or wound up by people I regard as ignorant. However, my opinion of what ignorance is, or what remarks are grossly generalised offensiveness, isn't the standard by which the board is run. It's merely my opinion. So, those "idiots" (IMHO) have as much right to their view as I do to mine.

So, I don't seek to stop people making ignorant remarks, but I have zero interest in having to wade through them to get to proper posts. The ignore list is a useful tool for me, because without it, I'd get a lot less benefit from coming here at all and, frankly, probably wouldn't bother.

As for who, or how many, are on my list, I’m not going there. There are a number on my list, but it isn’t huge. And saying, or even hinting, at who they are won’t achieve anything so I see no point in doing it.

Ive nearly added Sequoia a few times, i find your posts quite condescending sometimes but that of course is only my opinion :)

Had one person from the discussions in SC...a rather dangerous ferret.Nothing to do with views or anything, but I do not think it's proper to talk to people in a condescending way, or that because you know more that it makes you superior to them. There's someone in this thread who is very similar - i.e. is rude and obnoxious to others but expects to be treated better in return.

Would put them in the ignore list but can't be bothered lol :p

No-one on my ignore list, don't really see the point because as mentioned previously it doesn't completely remove the post so it just becomes annoying.

Also don't really have the time or the willpower to get involved in any protracted arguments, for example in SC often by the time I've written a reply there's a dozen other posts after the one I'm replying to so I just try and put my opinion in as few posts as possible then leave the arguing to others and check back every now and then to see how it all unfolds.

G|mp said:
I've nearly added Sequoia a few times, i find your posts quite condescending sometimes but that of course is only my opinion :)
Feel free, sport. It's exactly the type of criteria I use. If I'm not interested in someone's posts, I add them. So go right ahead. It won't upset me.

Raz said:
Had one person from the discussions in SC...a rather dangerous ferret.Nothing to do with views or anything, but I do not think it's proper to talk to people in a condescending way, or that because you know more that it makes you superior to them. There's someone in this thread who is very similar - i.e. is rude and obnoxious to others but expects to be treated better in return.

Would put them in the ignore list but can't be bothered lol :p

For a sec i thought that was me :eek: But after reading it over and over again...erm i dont think so.

I think i know who you are on about. Let me shed more light, the person in question is -

A prolific poster here and in SC
Can be very rebellious
And thinks he knows it all...

Hmm i think i do know, who it is now.

ElRazur said:
For a sec i thought that was me :eek: But after reading it over and over again...erm i dont think so.

I think i know who you are on about. Let me shed more light, the person in question is -

A prolific poster here and in SC
Can be very rebellious
And thinks he knows it all...

Hmm i think i do know, who it is now.

lol nah it ain't you :)

The last point is the most important and the best in describing him...

Raz said:
lol nah it ain't you :)

The last point is the most important and the best in describing him...

The thing about the Sc is, it gives me joke and it remind me everytime of the potrayal of the house of common in Ali G's movie. Regular posters in there seem to have one goal in mind - Disprove anything posted in there.

The one that cracked me up the most was when i was flamed (so they think) for saying what i think about homogay. I was in an antiflame suit so behind the screen i was just laughing.
Fast foward to weeks later, i posted my view on BNP of how they are racist and stuff but then someone said because i am homophobic i shouldnt moan about BNP racist/racism agenda! I was like WTF both are seperate thread and have no connection whatsoever!! But i guess that's SC for you.

One rule that works for me in SC - Never Back down, Once it turns political and rebelliouis, never back down period.

Better stop now, i might be off-topic.

Sequoia said:
Feel free, sport. It's exactly the type of criteria I use. If I'm not interested in someone's posts, I add them. So go right ahead. It won't upset me.

You have taken it the wrong way its not every post you make, just some of
them i find a bit "holier than thou"

Some of your posts are great like the Watch thread for instance, your obviously
well educated and knowledgeable about many different things i just feel you look
down your nose at people from time to time

When you actually just have a chat with people your likeable but then bang
i read another thread with you giving your opinion and its like your sig should
read -------End Thread-------- because you know best

And ive lost count of the ammount of times ive read your posts about being
successful and considerably wealthy, which in my book is like someone posting
a picture of their computer with a well placed wallet slightly open to reveal a
wad of twentys

Ive just read that back and sorry if that sounds like an attack it wasent meant to be :)

Neon said:
what?

on two peoples list now, awesome :(

Dude your a nonce simple really.

I have no time for you or your posts.

KaHn

/edit:- El|Razur I think your veiws are just so miss guided that i've chose not to listen to them. I try to stay out of every thread you post.

Also notice how the user name says Hedge.

Hedge said:
Dude your a nonce simple really.

I have no time for you or your posts.

KaHn

/edit:- El|Razur I think your veiws are just so miss guided that i've chose not to listen to them. I try to stay out of every thread you post.

Also notice how the user name says Hedge.

is this Kahn?

hmmmm.... arent you allowed one account per person on this forum?

Back
Top Bottom