Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Mp215 is okay on 95. That being said the difference is rather substantial plus mountune is a lot more money. Just buy an ITG induction kit and Peron stage 1+ map for similar cost and it's a beast.

Associate
Any reason you got the same colour? Surely a new car warrants a different colour to look at :p
How does the new model compare to the mk7?

Red was free, I spent the money saved on upgrading from ST-Line to ST-Line X and 100PS to 140PS.

Enjoying the 6-speed box, part leather seats and upgraded infotainment, and of course the 40% increase in power is nice too!

Soldato
Red was free, I spent the money saved on upgrading from ST-Line to ST-Line X and 100PS to 140PS.

Enjoying the 6-speed box, part leather seats and upgraded infotainment, and of course the 40% increase in power is nice too!

Nice, I'll be looking for a 140 eventually in a year or two when I replace my Zetec Mk7.5. Did you find your insurance going up much?

Caporegime
eQf0z5c.jpg

I'm not the only one that does this right? :D

Had it for 2 years and covered 10k in it, apart from the recall I've had zero problems with it and averaged 37.5mpg (actual measured not from the trip computer) with a fairly heavy right foot too. Even after 2 years I don't really feel that it needs more power, mainly because it's so light and flimsy.

I could never use it to commute to work in, the interior rattles do my head in and I need to spend an afternoon taking trim off to find out what's rattling inside my door. Changing from the Bridgestone tyres to Continental Premium Contact 6 has helped with the ride a bit.

I have considered a Focus ST-3 but apart from a better interior and some nice toys, this is just as quick and more fun on a B road.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well ive had my blue ST since feb and loving it... it came with the MP215 and i have been looking for a mountune exhaust ever since... these things are impossible to get.

Until tonight! for some reason i was bored and popped onto the mountune site to see what they had in stock.... yup the cat back exhaust was in stock! grabbed my CCard and bought it straight away.

I have 3 years full ford warranty left so the mountune exhaust is the best bet for me. Just hope it turns up and not a "sorry we are out of stock" email :p

Will post pics when/if it arrives :p

For anyone after one i just checked and it says still in stock ( when i got the high flow induction hose a few months ago it showed out of stock right after i ordered so they seem to have a live system so i think they still have a few cat backs left!!!! hurry! )

Last edited:
Soldato
The Mountune 12 days of Xmas sales are due start soon so you might want to keep an eye out if there are any price drops on the cat back. If so, worth going back to Mountune to see if they will refund any difference.

Soldato
The Mountune 12 days of Xmas sales are due start soon so you might want to keep an eye out if there are any price drops on the cat back. If so, worth going back to Mountune to see if they will refund any difference.

Well no harm asking i guess lol.......... tbh im happy paying the full price if i actually get one considering how quickly they sell out. :p

Soldato
Soldato
First thing available on the 12 days of Mountune, the Mk7 Fiesta ST Cat Back exhaust: https://www.mountunestore.com/colle...k-exhaust?mc_cid=89d1755167&mc_eid=2892d6f888
Use Promo Code: 12dom1
£427.50
including shipping after discount code.

Yeah i noticed :p oh well cant be helped :p Im needing a fair few more bits so i will keep my eye out... thing is ive got 6 items i want and if i have to get things separately i will have to pay separate delivery so kinda cancels out the savings but i shall see what comes up. Exhaust was fitted yesterday and is fantastic

Associate
Only just spotted this thread. Picked my new ST up back in September and clocked up around 5k miles in it so far.

It's a 68 plate ST3 in Performance Blue with Performance Pack and LED headlights.

Coming from a ~450hp BMW M235i, it's obviously been a bit of a change in terms of power, comfort and driving dynamics, but I'm absolutely loving the car so far. It's just about quick enough and comfortable enough for make me not miss the BMW, but also so much more fun and economical than the BMW that I can forgive its relative shortcomings. I've averaged over 40mpg so far, which is amazing considering I don't drive it at all slowly.

I've always modified my cars in some way, so am definitely looking to make a few changes. An exhaust and remap will be on the agenda, as well as some slight visual tweaks (splitters, spoiler extensions and similar).

Seems there aren't many (if any) Mk8 owners on here yet. Anyone else got/getting one?

p8sMGJo.jpg
zr73YmI.jpg

Soldato
Looks very nice :p

I did look at swapping to a mk8 a few months ago but was told that there was a waiting list until well into the middle of next year by my local dealer.... and even than the finance packages on offer were a bit too rich for me right now. I will stick to my mk7.5 and mountune her up and maybe swap over in a couple of years when some pre owned mk8's appear on the forecourts.

Associate
Looks very nice :p

I did look at swapping to a mk8 a few months ago but was told that there was a waiting list until well into the middle of next year by my local dealer.... and even than the finance packages on offer were a bit too rich for me right now. I will stick to my mk7.5 and mountune her up and maybe swap over in a couple of years when some pre owned mk8's appear on the forecourts.

Waiting lists were a joke, I was one of the lucky ones.

I was initially in the market for one of the bigger hot hatches (Civic Type R, i30N or Megane RS specifically), but didn't find any of them that appealing for various reasons. I just casually enquired about the Fiesta on Carwow and got offered this car from a dealers' stock. Agreed to purchase on the Friday, signed all paperwork, picked the car up on the following Wednesday.

Because I went through Carwow, I also ended up saving around £2.5k on RRP, at 1.9% APR the repayments are tiny, even with 20k miles p/a. Like I say, just got very lucky.

I never drove a Mk7, but I've taken a few Mk7 owners out in this, and I don't think you're missing out on huge amounts. I've been told the only huge difference is the interior. In all other aspects they're similar, but the Mk8 is just slightly better everywhere. I don't think it'll be long before you'll start seeing great deals on them.

Soldato
Only just spotted this thread. Picked my new ST up back in September and clocked up around 5k miles in it so far.

It's a 68 plate ST3 in Performance Blue with Performance Pack and LED headlights.

Congrats on the new car. How does the ride compare between the 7 and 8? I found the 7 a bit too firm and currently drive a 208 gti prestige (recently swapped down from the peuegeot sport so that I still have a spine). Still can't get on with the view from the back but love the front. Did I also read somewhere they are doing five doors from the start?

Associate
Congrats on the new car. How does the ride compare between the 7 and 8? I found the 7 a bit too firm and currently drive a 208 gti prestige (recently swapped down from the peuegeot sport so that I still have a spine). Still can't get on with the view from the back but love the front. Did I also read somewhere they are doing five doors from the start?

As I mentioned above, I never owned or indeed drove a Mk7, so I can only go from what others have said, and that is that it's a definite improvement. I do 80 miles per day, and did 120 miles this week with 2 people and my dog, and was absolutely great, so I think it's comfortable. It is firm, but well damped.

I'm with you on the rear. I'm hoping there may be some visual improvements in the aftermarket cause like you, I love the front but not sure on the rear.

Yes, there are 5 door options available from the get go.

Soldato
First picture, looks great apart from the wheels are a bit OTT

Second picture, ew nice B-MAX.

Absolutely loved my mk7.5 ST but there is no way I could buy one of those from the look of the rear alone. So disappointing

Associate
First picture, looks great apart from the wheels are a bit OTT

Second picture, ew nice B-MAX.

Absolutely loved my mk7.5 ST but there is no way I could buy one of those from the look of the rear alone. So disappointing

I don't look at the rear enough for it to put me off enough to not buy one. I always reverse park into spaces so when I turn to look at it, or return to it, I'm looking at the front :p

The new Civic Type R is a lot worse imo, but once you're inside, all that matters is the interior and driving experience, and like the Civic, this version drives great but inlike the Civic, also has a great interior, so I can forgive it a rear end.

Back
Top Bottom