Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Here's mine as she stands at the moment. Currently doing a few minor cosmetic touches to make it a bit more personal to me.

She's a 55 plate. Got her in February/March with a measly 16k on the clock for a great price. Came with full stripes top and sides, took them off as i fancied a change from white and blue. Going for a white and black theme now. Going to strip the horrible grey plastics off and spray black. Car is a "rare" diamond white ST too, most you see nowadays are all frozen white, makes mine look a little sun damaged!

On the look out for some coilovers this week aswell.

23411322.jpg

Soon to come;
Wind deflectors (ordered)
Factory style windows tints (nothing over the top)
Coilovers
Powder coating wheels black
Mudflaps (ordered)
More black Ford logo gel overlays for wheel centre caps (ordered)
RS Front Splitter

Not too fussed about speed at the moment. Low and slow is what i want to go for at the moment. :p

EDIT - How are people finding AP Coilovers? And how did they or any coilover effect your insurance?

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked mine up tonight and loving it! Coming from a 1.1 106 it's like driving a Ferrari at the moment, so much quicker, and such a nice car to drive!

Will get pics up as soon as there's a day that isn't overcast and raining to spoil the shots (not that they'll be any good anyway).

Soldato
I'm gonna buy one of these soon, I need to get it outta my system, they look a hoot and they're still practical enough to be a daily car, I wanna just mod one more N/A car before I go all sensible and old and buy a house and boring car :)

Hoping get an 07/57ish reg car for around 6k with under 40k and as many toys as poss in white or blue :)

Soldato
I'm gonna buy one of these soon, I need to get it outta my system, they look a hoot and they're still practical enough to be a daily car, I wanna just mod one more N/A car before I go all sensible and old and buy a house and boring car :)

Hoping get an 07/57ish reg car for around 6k with under 40k and as many toys as poss in white or blue :)

Should be able to do that easy enough, make sure you get the toys, they're great fun!

Soldato
Logsi AP coilovers are brilliant for the price, if you just want to go low then there isn't a better choice IMO.

Had mine since June 2009 and it's been through quite a few changes in that time!

This was when it had the 2.5 charger kit on, along with inlet, exhaust, etc
DSCF1794.jpg

RIMG0001.jpg

and this was how the engine bay finally looked with everything painted up
DSCF1889.jpg

Then decided to 'uprate' the front brakes
DSCF1871.jpg

DSCF1878.jpg

Then decided to sell the charger and now only have a Mountune CAIS and a Piper flexi
DSCF2220.JPG

Soldato
Love it James!

Red and black was always my second choice after white. What made you sell up the charger, cosworth inlet and other gubbins? Looks like a loot of work put into that!

You had/have the little bonnet lip aswell! :p

Tempted to get the mountune CAIS but it does hold a rather high premium for what is essentially a 57i with a fancy enclosure.

Looking at that link above with the guy selling his ST, it does make me wish i had one of these from new. My previous car was in immaculate condition, i got that from new and only ever washed the car with care. My ST was owned my a older lady and she's was quite a fan of kerbs. Hasn't treated the bumpers too well either! But o well, always have something to do!

EDIT - Yeah, i think it goes Rybo. I ordered some white/blue ones for mine and they were frozen white instead of diamond white so looked very odd on the car. Ended up getting the black/white ones i have on mine now which i prefer so much more. Maybe try a black background and red writing one if it's too garish at the mo.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
JamesM i think i come across one of your threads the other day somewhere on the internet. Sure i searched 'Red St Black stripes' and it found your ST thread.

Can see you have spent plenty of money on it, looks brill!

Soldato
Too much money on it ;)

There were a few reasons why I sold the charger..

Had a baby and needed some extra cash so something had to go :p
The larger bore miltek designed for the charger droned so badly on the motorway you couldn't hear anything the passenger said and it drove both me and the other half around the bend
I predicted I was going to need a new clutch soon and didn't want to get the clutch done without having the Diff fitted at the same time but with lack of funds with the new born, this wasn't going to happen
I never believe the car made full power and didn't want to throw more money at JamSport

Since having it all removed, the car drives sooo much better! I thought I'd miss the lack of power but it's not bothered me once (although I do miss the sound). The car is so much more chuck-able into the corners too, I love it.

I can't fault Mountune and the CAIS, was so easy to fit and the sound is great. You actually feel the cold air feed working too, as it came loose from the front bumper one day and the car felt sluggish and oddly enough popped like mad before I secured it back properly.

It didn't come with a bracket, quick email to Mountune and I received the bracket the following day, can't beat that service :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Im the opposite, i prefer the front more than the back?

Though i do have to agree that i think it does look to red. I was actually looking for a white background with red Ford logo but i couldn't find it so went with red and crome.

I have the full fat ott white viper stripes from DMB sat in a box on the back seat ready to go on. Just not sure at moment if to leave it naked or not though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I need to see more strut braces going on in here to be honest!

It was such a cheap addition to the car but totally changes the way the car handles. Had one it on my previous Fiesta albeit in silver to match the car. It keeps the back end down round corners and just makes the car flatter.

screenshot20110707at095.png

Back
Top Bottom