Who here owns a Mini?

Soldato
Not necessarily a Mini car question per se, but the last couple of days when starting our 2014 Mini Cooper S up, the car has been hunting for revs and feeling like it's going to stall (before even engaging a gear and pulling away).

This afternoon when leaving work the car was started, cold, and left to idle for a twenty or so seconds, and then cut out completely.

It's under warranty etc. so I've no qualms with taking it in, but so I'm armed with something to say when I get to the Mini dealership, does anyone here have any idea of what this might be? Fuel injectors? O2 sensor? No warning lights are coming up on the dash...

Cheers!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I love the Union Jack rear lights on the latest facelift. Is it an option or standard on some models?

Soldato
Oil change
Health check
Wheel alignment - had a bit of a moment during my last session at llandow. So just want them to review it.

And one other extra thing!!!

Soldato
Took my girlfriend's F55 Mini in this morning for a service, and I asked them to look at the driver's side DRL since it appears to be dimmer than the passenger side. They're saying that this is intended as it makes it easier to be seen on one side (I assume they're referring to pedestrians).

Surely this is BS? I've owned more than my fair share of cars and the DRL brightness has always been uniform. I've even observed other 3rd generation Minis in my rear view mirror and their DRLs have been the same brightness.

Soldato
You guys might be able to help, my Mother In Law has a mini (59 plate, but not sure exactly which model, other than it's not an S). She had an Alipine upgrade fitted (I think it's 4 speakers and two tweeters total) for £300 when she bought the car, but it doesn't sound great, she's not happy with it. Are there other recommended alternatives?

Soldato
4mnS4FT.jpg

Job done.

Collected the car today and I'm really happy with the results. Top quality work by the people at Lohen.

Also had a health check carried out. And it seems as though the coilovers may require a refurb soon. Other than that the car is in great condition!

Back
Top Bottom