Who here owns a Mini?

Soldato
Some images following a weekend tour of Wales. Some great technical roads out here!

The Mini held up pretty well. Although one of the dampers have developed a knock.... So will need to be refurbed soon.

nuxxZBW.jpg

bWsTSvn.jpg

fww7LyL.jpg

PPu5Szz.jpg

AFYQGLl.jpg

LSAYj50.jpg

epu0ZZM.jpg

DrwCg2C.jpg

Q4NA7cP.jpg

XqK3U4m.jpg

2SmQJlQ.jpg

Soldato
PV6qcz5.jpg

Finally had the car cleaned a couple of days ago. Still haven't sorted out the suspension issue yet... Will hopefully have it sorted after I get back from holiday.

I'm currently thinking about getting a second Recaro PP seat.... Just to make thing symmetrical!

Soldato
Do Mini’s eat through oil? The wife has a 17 plate mini owned less than a year and was serviced before purchase, by chance I did an oil check on the computer and since then it had been warning to top up with 1litre. Done that error gone.

I remember her old mini always used to guzzle oil.

Associate
Do Mini’s eat through oil? The wife has a 17 plate mini owned less than a year and was serviced before purchase, by chance I did an oil check on the computer and since then it had been warning to top up with 1litre. Done that error gone.

As far as I know the new F56 engines use no oil at all. Mine hasn't gone down in 2+ years of use (18k miles) before it hit the first service with no reduction in the oil quantity in that time. I was quite surprised also how long in distance and time it went before an oil change was needed as well..

Man of Honour

We have a 67 plate petrol Cooper - it has never used a drop of oil.

Man of Honour
Might be worth me noting is a 17 plate cooper. I have a feeling they didn’t do an oil change. Either that or it’s broke

I remember someone here saying mini don’t have a simple service schedule. I think the breaks are due they can have a look then.

The service schedule is very straight forward. Oil service every 20k or so depending on usage. Every other oil service = air filter/plugs/etc too.

Unless you've done 50k miles in a year I'd be amazed if a 17 plate Mini is due either brakes or its first oil service yet. What is the mileage on the car?

Associate
As far as I know the new F56 engines use no oil at all. Mine hasn't gone down in 2+ years of use (18k miles) before it hit the first service with no reduction in the oil quantity in that time. I was quite surprised also how long in distance and time it went before an oil change was needed as well..

Yeah, I'm in the same boat (16 plate Cooper S). Never had any oil issues at all and the car just went through it's first service after 16k miles (2 years).

Soldato
The service schedule is very straight forward. Oil service every 20k or so depending on usage. Every other oil service = air filter/plugs/etc too.

Unless you've done 50k miles in a year I'd be amazed if a 17 plate Mini is due either brakes or its first oil service yet. What is the mileage on the car?

Less than 20k

The computer says rear break service is 1500 miles?

Man of Honour
It seems very unlikely it was due a service before you bought it. What does the idrive say - the history and next service due is listed in the vehicle information section.

We got 50k out of the brakes on our last one, 20k seems very early.

Soldato
45887275702_d7f804f216_z.jpg

Still pulling strong. Lifted the car up over the weekend to check out the undertray. It came a little loose during my stint at the 'ring. So I'm now thinking about replacing it

In addition to that I need to find time to have the following carried out -

• Oil and filter change
  • Spark plugs
  • Front wheel arch liners replaced
  • Fit new clutch and flywheel
  • Will also need a new set of tyres soon.... I think I could probably fit in one or two more trackdays.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the FX400 and lightened flywheel as running 450TQ. Handles the power even if it is a little heavy in traffic. The GP looks nice.

Soldato
Finally got around to having the new clutch and flywheel fitted yesterday. As usual Lohen done a great job!

Next update will be a new set of tyres. Should have those within the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom