Who needs aircon when you can just open a window?

Soldato
You'll find that the aircon will get colder faster if you set it to fresh air first and open the windows to let the hot air out. After a minute close the windows and then switch to recirculate and the air will come out freezing cold. :)

Soldato
Dup said:
Even my poxy 206 has decent Air Con. I use it with the windows open mind so I get some air circulation. Air con makes me ill.

Then all you're doing is making cold air and getting rid of it...

I never turn the aircon off in my Mondeo, it makes little difference to the fuel consumption.

I'd also never buy a car without it!

Soldato
I'll be enjoying the drive home, in 35 degree temp's in my golf with ALL the windows open, MPG is gonna get cained but at least there will be some air flow :D

Soldato
The drag coefficiant of having your window open while doing 60mph will significantly out weigh the extra fuel used for air con ;)

i've been sitting in my dads car for the last hour with the air con on and boy is it cool in here :D

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Seriously, aircon = win. Opening windows will simply allow 99F air into your car and have nil cooling effect.

Make sure your next car has air conditioning :D

:D :D (x 25)

Not only do my car have aircon but Climate control too!

I pity the fools who drive around without an ac :( :D

Soldato
paradigm said:
Not when the temp outside is 30ºc+ I think you will find basic thermodynamics means you would need some form of air cooling to give out 20-21ºc air. :rolleyes:

People cant help but to try and look clever isnt? My fto starts and 17d and all the way up to 32d. I dont care about your thermodynamics stuff, im relating what im saying to what's in my car. And next time, if you wanna roll your eyes make sure the conversation was aimed at you! :rolleyes:

Caporegime
ElRazur said:
:D :D (x 25)

Not only do my car have aircon but Climate control too!

I pity the fools who drive around without an ac :( :D

sorry but whats the point in climate control

doesnt make the aircon any better

just makes it automatically turn off once its reached the set temperature

i mean, c'mon i can do that for myself when i start feeling cold :D

Caporegime
ElRazur said:
People cant help but to try and look clever isnt? My fto starts and 17d and all the way up to 32d. I dont care about your thermodynamics stuff, im relating what im saying to what's in my car. And next time, if you wanna roll your eyes make sure the conversation was aimed at you! :rolleyes:

Dude, your sig says your intelligent. You said 20ºc is hot, then asked was his dial in degrees or farenheit. You do realise that farenheit is a measurement of degrees, as are CELCIUS? Next time you rolleyes, make sure you know what you're talking about :rolleyes:

Soldato
MrLOL said:
sorry but whats the point in climate control

doesnt make the aircon any better

just makes it automatically turn off once its reached the set temperature

i mean, c'mon i can do that for myself when i start feeling cold :D

A posher ac... :D
Seriously, it helps keep the in-car temp kinda constant iirc. Mine dont only turn off but varies the speed of the ac fan. I think it is quite useful actually.

Back
Top Bottom