Who owns a Golf GTD / GTI / R?

Soldato
Revo - APR seems very expensive... However a MK7 R passed me a few days ago on dual carriage way (doing about 60 ish) with an APR badge on the back and it sounded incredible, it was also rather nippy!

I just need to suck it up and get it done... But I know it won't just be a remap... :)

Soldato
Anyone sold their GTD recently? Where did you find the best offers come from? WBAC/Arnold Clark/etc are saying ~£10.8k for a 67k mile 2015 plate. Private eBay sellers seem to have them up for £12.2k. Would rather not go the eBay route but if I can get £11.5k for it then I've made myself an extra £700. Would be a shame to get £10.8k when I've looked after it!

Associate
Would be a shame to get £10.8k when I've looked after it!

If you are buying new from a dealer you may get more Part Ex. When I got my GTI the salesman couldn't knock anything off the car price as there was a 10 month wait for them but he could give a cracking price on my old car as part ex.

Soldato
If you are buying new from a dealer you may get more Part Ex. When I got my GTI the salesman couldn't knock anything off the car price as there was a 10 month wait for them but he could give a cracking price on my old car as part ex.

Tesla are offering less than WBAC unfortunately.

Soldato
Anyone know much about these VW Polo BlueGT?

It seems to scream what I want currently for my next car, Excellent fuel economy and pretty good performance to boot.

But is it just VW making up numbers again?

1.4tsi DSG, 150bhp, 7.6s 0-60 and nearly producing 60mpg if driven sensibly

I've read up about the car about how the engine will shut off 2cylinders when driven in a sensible manner which seems to make me believe the claimed mpg figure, Anyone got any experience with this car?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Anyone know much about these VW Polo BlueGT?

It seems to scream what I want currently for my next car, Excellent fuel economy and pretty good performance to boot.

But is it just VW making up numbers again?

1.4tsi DSG, 150bhp, 7.6s 0-60 and nearly producing 60mpg if driven sensibly

I've read up about the car about how the engine will shut off 2cylinders when driven in a sensible manner which seems to make me believe the claimed mpg figure, Anyone got any experience with this car?
I have the same engine in my Golf and MPG figures are total BS.
See a recent discussion in the Audi thread
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32900559/

Polo is a lighter car, but good luck getting 60 unless you're slipstreaming a lorry down the M1.

Soldato
I have the same engine in my Golf and MPG figures are total BS.
See a recent discussion in the Audi thread
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32900559/

Polo is a lighter car, but good luck getting 60 unless you're slipstreaming a lorry down the M1.

Does yours have that cylinder shut off thing? The BlueGT shuts off 2 cylinders (Making it a 2 cylinder engine) when driving economical

Ah just had a read, that's a shame, this would have been great on my town/motorway commute if it could give me 50+ mpg whilst giving me the performance when I feel the need to be a prat.

Soldato
A friend of mine has this engine in an Audi A3 saloon. When he was commuting from Weston-Super-Mare to Derby he was easily able to average well over 50mpg for the trips, and he wasn't driving specifically for economy either.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Does yours have that cylinder shut off thing? The BlueGT shuts off 2 cylinders (Making it a 2 cylinder engine) when driving economical

Ah just had a read, that's a shame, this would have been great on my town/motorway commute if it could give me 50+ mpg whilst giving me the performance when I feel the need to be a prat.
TBH YMMV. I drive like a clown and cannot for the life of me get sensible mileage in anything I’ve ever driven. My GF could probably get near book figures. (When she took her taxi licence she had to achieve a certain minimum MPG!)

The Polo is lighter and could well get much better mileage on your commute. Perhaps test drive one, drive sensibly and see what it averages?

Soldato
TBH YMMV. I drive like a clown and cannot for the life of me get sensible mileage in anything I’ve ever driven. My GF could probably get near book figures. (When she took her taxi licence she had to achieve a certain minimum MPG!)

The Polo is lighter and could well get much better mileage on your commute. Perhaps test drive one, drive sensibly and see what it averages?

There's a nice one in hereford I might go have a gander and see if they'll let me loose in.

Associate
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-...314418?hash=item4b697c8132:g:tVYAAOSwgW5dTbsm

Thoughts on this guys? Not sure if can post link apologies if can’t.

I’m going back and forth atm between focus st and golfs.

What price would be right for the above? I can see the original wheels are not on there, and being stage 2 I don’t seee any info on exhaust system surely you would need one to hit that number he said on a message to me it was at 320bhp?

Soldato
Thinking about getting a mk7.5 R any thoughts before really hunting.. been waiting for new registrations to come out in hope they drop a fraction.. they have already come down a bit mind.

Soldato
I've got a fiesta ST but had a TSI Scricco prior and I really loved the VW. The DSG is what's really tempting me and 4WD. The 7speed box is meant to be fantastic and the digital display looks great in the 7.5

Soldato
14 month old Golf R estate arriving on Friday. Ended up getting 3 year manufacturer's warranty which will dissuade me from taking it to mountune for a bit. Completely different beast to my EP3 CTR, one is like vinyl, the other spotify.

Soldato
What are some common failure points of the Mk7 GTi?

Went to test drive a 13 plate with 85k on the clock which was serviced every 10k/7 months including a couple of break fluid flush and spark plugs replacement. Was prestine inside and apart from usual white worm on the alloys and stone chips/marks everything else was spot on.

Associate
Water pump/thermostat gasket is a very good odds of failing. Get them to check that before you buy. Apart from the wheels they are pretty reliable, no other faults jump out. Apart from if it is a manual, the clutch will not take an tining as they slip easily. If DSG make sure it has has the 2 fluid changes it should have had (every 40k).

Back
Top Bottom