Who owns a Golf GTD / GTI / R?

Caporegime
Thanks all.

Anyone know how to swap these out? The dealership put some in the glovebox but I don't know how to fit them.

RRSnpZ3h.jpg

Looks like they slide / clip in but I don't want to damage anything. Had a Google but couldn't find any decent guides.

Thanks.

Associate
Picked it up today and we love it. I can see this being another ten year keeper!

0lbNQNvh.jpg

fJxzfYJh.jpg

YjKZuuXh.jpg

This looks mint. Great colour. The R are dime a dozen. Always find the GTi a head turner when I see one as way rarer. The wife wants the M135i when we change up but I have a soft spot for the GTI PP as my current GT hasn't put a foot wrong for years.

Soldato
I know this isn't a specific GTI/GTD question, but I'm after a bit of advice on narrowing down rear discs on my 09 MK6 GT TDI (140).

Everywhere is coming up with a couple of options, only major difference I can see is disc diameter and thickness.

Diameter options being 256 or 253mm, thickness being 12mm or 10mm. Considering I'm on worn discs and can't easily measure diameter, can anyone advise the best way of narrowing this down?

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Thanks. I've barely driven it, but the wife seems pleased!

The thing she likes best is...being able to choose any song with her voice through Android Auto :rolleyes:.

Wasted on her!

Lol. I'm tempted to go take one for a test drive.

I test drove a pre-facelift R but didn't enjoy it at all. I think it was mostly because of the rubbish 6 speed DSG box which they fixed with the facelifted models. The MK8 is being unveiled this afternoon but the GTI and R models won't be out for ages.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom