Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Looking at a 55 plate facelift Mondeo ST220 this evening. 71k miles, had new pads and discs all round and was serviced 3k miles ago. Seems it has parking sensors but nothing else by way of extras. In good condition looking at the pictures apart from a scrape on the rear bumper.

Advertised for £3700 but looking to pay £3200.

Soldato
No link, I emailed a few weeks back and the advert has since expired.

The pricing is all over the place with these but I don't think that's a bad price if I can get it for the price I had in mind. I'll have to add some tax to it so hoping there is some room for negotiation.

Soldato
If it has history with it. £3200 is a sound price.

Anyone here know how easy it is to remove the rear cat? Can it be done on the drive or will it need to be on the lifters?

My problem is that the ECU does not tell you which cat is faulty and all the sensors seem to be working with each other normally, so can't even tell that way.

Associate
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to replace my Clio 182 with a 53 Plate Mondeo ST220. The car I'm interested would be a mates car so I'm happy with the way it's been looked after, I've just one concern, the head unit. It's got a VISTEON DENSO SAT NAV with it. I love the idea of having it and it looks nice and integrated but has the following problems:
- No USB
- No Bluetooth
- Out of date maps
- GPS receiver needs replacing.

I was all set to just replace it with a double DIN sat nav unit from Pioneer/Kenwood but having taken a long look at it while I was in the car today I can see it's not a simple swap out task. The whole climate controls seem integrated into the head unit along with all the buttons around the headunit itself.

What would be the best option for me? I need Bluetooth and USB, up to date maps I can do without as I won't be using the sat nav that much.

Soldato
OP
You're going to need an entire new centre console with the climate control unit and mounting clobber and that's before you've gotten your head around whatever wiring needs to be done. It doesn't look like a particularly easy task! That's why I didn't want a sat nav-equipped one..

Probably easier to buy a different car. :D

Soldato
There are guides on STDrivers which show you how to install the sat nav so you'll need to do the opposite. The sat nav seems to command a premium, especially with all of the centre console and wiring etc present so you'll have no problem finding a new home for it. The issue is whether you can be bothered.

Could you not just update the maps with a CD on ebay and install a parrot bluetooth kit?That would solve a few of your issues.

Associate
After doing some more reading about it's going to be a ball ache to change over the whole head unit. If I update the maps to this then I'd be okay? Does the sat nav still look ancient or okay?

I could go down the parrot route, how easy is it to use? I'd still be missing my USB which is a pain.

Soldato
Unfortunately we couldn't agree on a price when I viewed the ST last night, it needed too many things putting right such as the rear bumper sag, 2 new tyres, the door wasn't hung correctly and it had worn away the paint on the skirt, scuff on the back, someone had keyed the passenger door and it had been repaired badly.

Other than that it would have been a decent buy.

Back
Top Bottom