Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
It's 4x 8cm wide by 10cm tall cone shaped rubber (or Poly for me) bearings with a metal inner -

subframe01.jpg

The rubber on the standard one starts to perish like in the Right one shown below which is easy to see if the car is jacked or if they're REALLY knackered the back end feels like it's shimmying as you drive. Mine lasted to 110K miles and it's not a complicated job if you've got the right tools but a garage will only take 2-3 hours at most.

subframe03.jpg

There's 4 fitted, one in each corner (yellow bits here).

subframe02.jpg

Soldato
My reversing lights aren't working....

Just had service and MOT done, no issues there, but the garage asked me if I'd noticed that my reversing lights weren't working. I hadn't.

Bulbs are fine, fuse (F80) is fine, am I right in thinking that the only culprit left is going to be the switch?

Given the switch access requires removal of the airbox assembly since the switch is on the transmission, I thought I'd check first!!

Soldato
Usage of Northern Diagnostic Techniques has confirmed the diagnosis:

- Put car into reverse, no reversing lights
- Slam gearstick into reverse, reversing lights come on quite happily.

New switch time for me I reckon!

Soldato
I never realised until I had the chat today! Seems madness to be honest, why would it NOT be mandatory to see that a car is moving/about to move towards you?!

Will be getting a new switch from ECP and fitting as soon as it's not "precipitating with a vengeance".

Soldato
AntC - Got the car back but the vids are crap. There's more wind noise than exhaust and the only exhaust that you can hear (accelerating at lower gears) sounds like the stock exhaust volume just slightly more bassy.

Associate
AntC - Got the car back but the vids are crap. There's more wind noise than exhaust and the only exhaust that you can hear (accelerating at lower gears) sounds like the stock exhaust volume just slightly more bassy.

No worries mate, thanks for trying! :)

Got a new problem today, went to the shops, dipped the leccy wing mirror joystick down to fold the mirrors in, all was fine.

Came back to the car, dipped it down again and instead of the mirrors going back to the usual position, the go way past and almost fold all the way out, the exact opposite of being fully folded in?!

Has anyone had this happen and know what the issue is?

Soldato
OP
Here you go

led1.jpg

led2.jpg

led3.jpg

led4.jpg

led5.jpg

led6.jpg

;)

Old pics hence lack of private plate and other stuff. Also excuse the slightly off white balance courtesy of the camera, the lights all look the same temperature in real life.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with the car... Took it for a thrash last night and one tonight and i am returning 19mpg bombing it everywhere.

It is just short distance driving that is ruining the MPG.

Also not done any favours for the battery as the ecu keeps resetting its self. Again, after the long run blasting it about last night the batteery has had chance to get some charge back into it.

Soldato
OP
Looks nice that. Are all the bulbs 501 type? And did you change the rear numberplate ones? Looks like you did.

They're not all 501, but most are. The main courtesy lights (in the middle of the interior light clusters) are the festoon type. The rear map lights are a small bayonet fitting. Yeah I changed the numberplate ones for some decent festoon type ones off eBay. The first set were cheap and nasty and they failed quite quickly.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Nothing wrong with the car... Took it for a thrash last night and one tonight and i am returning 19mpg bombing it everywhere.

It is just short distance driving that is ruining the MPG.

Also not done any favours for the battery as the ecu keeps resetting its self. Again, after the long run blasting it about last night the batteery has had chance to get some charge back into it.

Might just be coincidence but I usually get ridiculously low MPG after a battery disconnect. The ECU seems to take ages to work out the right fuel mixture to use.

Associate
They're not all 501, but most are. The main courtesy lights (in the middle of the interior light clusters) are the festoon type. The rear map lights are a small bayonet fitting. Yeah I changed the numberplate ones for some decent festoon type ones off eBay. The first set were cheap and nasty and they failed quite quickly.

What about the bootlights and front map reading lights? They are festoon as well? If I sawp for LEDs am I going to get error messages? Read that is a possibility somewhere.

Associate
No worries mate, thanks for trying! :)

Got a new problem today, went to the shops, dipped the leccy wing mirror joystick down to fold the mirrors in, all was fine.

Came back to the car, dipped it down again and instead of the mirrors going back to the usual position, the go way past and almost fold all the way out, the exact opposite of being fully folded in?!

Has anyone had this happen and know what the issue is?

Hey guys, anyone any thoughts on what this could be?

Cheers :cool:

Associate
Boot light is a festoon type, front map lights are wedge type. You won't get any errors, the car doesn't have any bulb warning systems.

Good to know. :)

Would these and these be any good then? They look pretty cheap and they might fail quickly but for the price it's not exactly hard to get spares. The other thing is I am unsure of whether I am going to get on with them so I figured I'd have a go at a cheap set first and if I like then look at higher end ones.

Back
Top Bottom