Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
OP
The wedge ones look fine. The others probably won't be tremendously bright - I've found that you want to get some with as many LEDs in as possible - my interior lights have an array of about 20 LEDs on each on a little ~15-20mm square bit of circuit board. There's enough room for them in the light clusters.

Soldato
Remap makes such a huge difference. Mine is 180/330ft and such a nice drive since plus returning a measured 5mpg more!

Does it feel quicker? Had any runs with other cars? To be honest my car is near enough 133k, engine still pulls strong and feels mechanically sound, yet I wouldn't want to shorten it's life span. I'm in two minds, I'd like the numberplate too, but it's either the one or other for me.

Soldato
I was clever, I broke all those bits *before* the remap so they're all new :D The cars done 111K miles and is very well mechanically looked after although the bodyworks a bit of a mess sadly!

Cost was £250 I think at Racebits (Shaun is the owner) and the car feels much quicker from 1600rpm mainly due to the torque curve being sorted.

On the dynographs I've got from my car the original map had a 40ft/lbs+ spike at 2000-2200rpm to make 250ft/lbs and dropped quickly to just over 210ft/lbs for the rest of the revs til 4000rpm. On the remap I've got over 300ft/lbs from 1700rpm to 3100rpm on a nice smooth arc with 250ft/lbs still at 4000rpm rather than a big spike and then a quick dip back down.

Last edited:
Associate
Budget for a new clutch, DMF, injectors, and turbo as well with the remap :p

Yeah tis true, it will increase the wear on those parts for sure. I did read on one of the ST forums though that if you are careful and don't floor the throttle below 2k rpm in first and second it can be managed fairly well.

I was clever, I broke all those bits *before* the remap so they're all new :D The cars done 111K miles and is very well mechanically looked after although the bodyworks a bit of a mess sadly!

Cost was £250 I think at Racebits (Shaun is the owner) and the car feels much quicker from 1600rpm mainly due to the torque curve being sorted.

On the dynographs I've got from my car the original map had a 40ft/lbs+ spike at 2000-2200rpm to make 250ft/lbs and dropped quickly to just over 210ft/lbs for the rest of the revs til 4000rpm. On the remap I've got over 300ft/lbs from 1700rpm to 3100rpm on a nice smooth arc with 250ft/lbs still at 4000rpm rather than a big spike and then a quick dip back down.

Sounds like it made a positive improvement!

Associate
just put a deposit down on a st220, cant wait.

gave the thing a good looking over, underneath was squeaky clean, and body was so clean I think it must have been garaged.

wheels were ok but the dreaded bubbling was just starting on the rear alloys but by far the best I've seen since I started looking.

Soldato
Oh good!

You might get addicted to the lazyness of the ST, everything works on its own. You just have to drive it :cool:

I am looking into a Evo or STI next but i honestly think i will miss all the creature comforts of the ST. Getting old now :p

Soldato
OP
Heated seats are so lovely at this time of year. I liked them so much I got under-sheet heating for my bed :)

And people call me old :D ;) I love my heated seats but they take a little while to warm up. I love the heated screen more.

Yes Rybo I got caught speeding. This is the second time in fact. :p

Soldato
Twice? You are doing it wrong then! You are ment to speed when the police and cameras aint looking :p

Yeah my heated seats take about 5 minutes to start working, first setting burns my arse off lol. Mrs has it on full.....

Back
Top Bottom