Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
Cant wait now, atm im driving a horrible fiat brava that is just broke, everything on it from the mirrors to the engine, suprised it still at least goes, (even with the missfire)

I think anything would have been a step up but i wanted something i could relax in on my way to work in the mornings, heated seats sound like a dream!.

Associate
designed to use 95 so that's what I use, as said no point spending more on 99ron if it doesn't make any difference. Have heard people say 1-3mpg improvement but as it costs more per litre I would imagine it just about evens out

Associate
picked it up yesterday, tracking needs done by the looks of it, (wheel shaking at 60+mph)

that's my only niggle atm,

everything is fantastic, does anyone know how to store radio channels on the sat sav type head unit?

Soldato
OP
Wobble through the wheel at speed will either be wheel balancing or worn bushes somewhere.

I have managed to lose two headlamp washer covers somehow. I've concluded that they're quite fragile and the first time it probably got knocked loose when the car was being recovered and the second time, on my driveway, was probably when a cat was climbing on it or something.

Pics of car please Philz0r. ST220s are so rare, whenever I see what looks like one, I look at the rear and then think "oh, diesel, pah". Saw a lovely dark blue estate with red leather yesterday though.

Soldato
Diesels fake ST's are as common as a fiesta around here. Guy around the corner from me has bought a identical 220 to mine. Always complimented my car and said that it his is dream car, so now he as one....

would have sold him mine if I knew he was that serious lol, especially knowing he paid £4k for a 53 plate with higher mileage.

Soldato
I have managed to lose two headlamp washer covers somehow. I've concluded that they're quite fragile and the first time it probably got knocked loose when the car was being recovered and the second time, on my driveway, was probably when a cat was climbing on it or something.

I just lost a rear jacking point cover. I think it was from driving through a huge puddle/stream around here :(

Associate
Ill post some pics later guys, just really annoyed with the headlight covers,

Looks like i can get the part for £15 and spray for £17.

Today was the first trip to work in it, i really enjoyed it and didnt seem to take long to warm up.

Mine is a 53 plate but has 6 gears so just got in with the newer gearbox.

Soldato
Hi guys. Seen a few of these pop up locally that look in good condition, what is the going rate for one of these now that you wouldn't expect to be a shed? Most locally seem to be between 90 and 120k miles now. Any big bits to ensure are done at this mileage?

Permabanned
RE:HEated seats, My drivers seat base element had burnt out in 2 places and stopped working, I took the seta out and replaced the element with one from ebay (cost me £35 for 2 pads a controlled and all the wiring) I only need one pad which you can trim to size and cut hole in for the clips etc, I just didn't use the wiring that came with it, disconnected the old pad and soldered the new one in place and it worked perfectly.

Now have a warm bum within minutes of setting off :D

Back
Top Bottom