Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Look great phil, specially liking the interior, I love the Recaros. Is it a Saloon or hatchback? You also got the nav! Looks to be well specced, it may have the cooled seats options too, so press down on the heated seats switches to see if it does have it, which is an added bonus.

Associate
just had a check, doesn't have the cooled seats, its the hatchback version.

even has ford wiper blades, previous owner must have just thrown money at it, which is why I cant understand why it has Linglong tyres on the front, they're brand new so I guess the dealer probably just stuck them on to get 12 month MOT. has conti's on the back (half worn)

Associate
Had the bonnet open and the grill off,

Know the old air feed that ran to the air box before the 6speed what howard was talking about further up the page,

It had came off its rubber bung and has been rubbing against that oil pipe above the radiator, it must have been rubbung for years as its taking a fair chunk out of the pipe but not enough to pierce it.

We rebunged it and made sure it wasnt going to rub again, i think left alone that pipe would leak and cause problems down the line.

I would maybe advise people to check theirs.

Soldato
Anyone after a new set of tyres check out Camskill - they've got the AS2's knocked down to £98 a corner. Needed a new set so just ordered 4 for £407 delivered :). Had about 18k or so out of this set :).

Soldato
Anyone after a new set of tyres check out Camskill - they've got the AS2's knocked down to £98 a corner. Needed a new set so just ordered 4 for £407 delivered :). Had about 18k or so out of this set :).

Assuming they are 225/40 r18, I just got four from lovetyres.com for £380 delivered. Local tyre fitter told me they are selling them cheaper than he can get them in at cost, no idea how they are so cheap with Goodyear tyres.

Soldato
Bah, they've got them listed twice on their site, one at £103 on backorder, and then some at the cheaper price. I'll see if I can cancel the camskill order in the morning and switch it over.

Cheers for the heads up.

Associate
Not a specific ST question, but I'm looking at getting a 2007-2008 2.5T Mondeo.

Going to look at one on Saturday, is there anything particular with this model I should look out for?

Also, what's the best owners site to join in your opinion?

Permabanned
Anybody run LPG on their ST220? What consumption do you get? Is performance affected?

When does the expensive tax kick in exactly?

Consumption is between 3 -4 mpg worse, performance is affected but you really don't notice it. I typically get 250 - 300 miles to a fill with an 80 litre tank (pressure drops when there is about 20 litres left in and it flicks back on to petrol at this point)

I paid £2100 for a BRC system in April 2012, the company I used has gone under however.

Soldato
Bit of a problem. My Mondeo has started to develop condensation on the inside of the windscreen, this has never occurred before. I did manage to drop the wiper arm on the windscreen yesterday when I changed the wipers, but it hasn't cracked it.

Could this be due to the air being warmer inside the car, now that it's much colder? Silly question I know, but it's just never happened before.

Soldato
Filled up with some normal Shell Fuelsave Unleaded rather than the premium stuff (which I've been using for about a month now) and the car seems better for it, it idles more smoothly and seems more responsive from cold. Manual seems to recommend (?) RON 95. I've not tried the BP Ultimate stuff, which I think is RON 97. Having previously driven Diesels I've never bothered that much since its so dirty you're going to get everything clogged up eventually ;)

Back
Top Bottom