Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
Bit of a problem. My Mondeo has started to develop condensation on the inside of the windscreen, this has never occurred before. I did manage to drop the wiper arm on the windscreen yesterday when I changed the wipers, but it hasn't cracked it.

Could this be due to the air being warmer inside the car, now that it's much colder? Silly question I know, but it's just never happened before.

This time of year that's pretty normal I think. :p

Soldato
@Howard - Yes, from a facelift ST220. I've had the seat cover off once, and it's definitely a ballache. Surprised I didn't need a blood transfusion afterwards to be honest!

Since a main dealer quoted me £300 to replace it, I've been on the lookout for a replacement unit.

Soldato
I changed my pollen filter, but when I'm behind a diesel van, I still get smell coming into the cabin? Is this normal, if I turn on the recirc air from inside the car, it goes away.

I'm confused. :confused:

Soldato
Condensation on the inside (not just windscreen) could also be indicative of the membranes inside the door cards being shot and allowing water into the cabin, or at least enough to deliver a fair amount of moisture inside. Check footwells for signs of drips.

I'm actually in the process of checking all this since I found that parked nose-down in the rain the drivers footwell had a nice puddle in it. Turned out to be the membrane on the drivers door not channeling water out via the holes at the bottom of the door but rather letting it in through the door card first. Next job for me is to check the others and then change my pollen filter.

Associate
How does it compare to the 200? I have a 200 and am/was considering a Mondy but not sure if it's worth the hassle. The Mondy is also pretty big for my needs.

Just noticed this question, sorry for the delay sigma,

Mondy is a great car, my nissan is running 280bhp so the mondeo doesnt feel fast but it actually is.

Everything is nice and comfy in the mondeo compared to the nissan as you can imagine.

Fuel is about the same in both cars, mondeo is probaby worse around town (duh 3 litre engine) but is better on the motorway than the nissan.

Associate
Has anyone had issues with front indicator bulbs? Mine stopped working on the way home the other night. After a quick check the metal contact was loose inside the bulb holder. Pushed it back in and it was fine again. Not working this morning though!

I hope the holder can be replaced rather than the whole headlight!

Edit: Turns out that my previous garage didn't fix the headlight when they busted it. The white plastic bit that holds the connector for the headlight in his missing and so the connection is poor/non-existent. Time to find a new headlight!

Edit2: Found this site that breaks Fords. Looks pretty good, www.mondeospares.co.uk. The ST220 Recaro's are tempting me slightly but £500 is a lot.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm going to have a look at this next week and was wondering what I should be looking out for (yes I'm reading a couple buyers guides right now, but wanted some owner input from you guys too). Also, what do you reckon to the price?

There's also this which has considerably less mileage, but it considerably more expensive (like taking the **** expensive).

Associate
taking the ST on the track in a few months, any one got any track preparation advice?

thinking of making the front camber -1.0 degree and on the rear -0.75.

been looking at focus ST brake upgrade but will probably just put some decent pads in the current set up.

Soldato
OP
The camber isn't adjustable, only the toe.

The best things to do in terms of track prep are make sure you've got GOOD brake pads and the oil is TOPPED UP. These engines don't like to be starved of oil especially at high-G cornering.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Car went in for service and MOT on Saturday and had all of the brake discs and pads changed. The garage used "Lucas" branded ones. I've never heard of Lucas - should I be concerned?

Also had my Goodridge brake lines finally put on. Do I need to tell my insurer?

Soldato
She's sick :(.

Got towed to a garage earlier today by the AA (who in both instances I've needed them, have been utterly brilliant), with what looks like a #3 cylinder misfire - the level of disruption to power delivery and juddering made the car pretty undriveable, and I didn't want to knacker my cat at the same time.

Hoping it's just something like the sparks/HT leads or similar, but bracing myself for a nasty bill just in case.

At least it's Friday and I can have a drink! Garage won't be able to look at it until Monday/Tuesday so I'll have to avoid worrying until then!

Soldato
Mine's got a bit of a leak too :/

The water seems to be coming in on the drivers side somewhere. I recently had a new windscreen fitted and it seemed to help for a while but I've seen a bit more water come in recently :/

Back
Top Bottom