Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Anyone elses Mondeos windows mist up like mad?

I can leave the car for 1 minute and come back and the windows are all misted up. Annoying as ****.

Mine did. If you've changed your pollen filter recently, make sure the scuttle panel is pressed tight against the window. As I found out recently, having checked after reading this thread, my pollen filter full of water. Not good for my heater, no wonder it was whirring. All fixed now.

Fixed, coil pack :).

Note for all the ST220 guys out there - bizarrely only a single cylinder was an issue here despite it being a coil issue. As it turns out, cylinder 3 has nearly a yard of HT lead going to it, with the other end of the pair being about 6 inches long. The pack was still healthy enough to fire the 6 inches lead ok, but the spark was too weak at the other end.

All sorted now at least :).

£100 for the coil, and whatever labour I get charged. The garage owner is a family friend so it shouldn't be much, diagnostics was just a bit of a pain because the coil appeared unlikely since only a single cylinder misfired.

My reverse lights and parking sensors are only activating when they feel like it when I put the gear into reverse.

I'm guessing some kind of reverse sensor or switch has bust?

The centre console with a Sony HU is different internally from one with a Ford HU fitted and as such it requires some extra supports at the rear of console cutting away for a normal double din HU to fit properly or a new centre console, as I found out to my cost with my Mondeo. If you don't do this then the lower edge will stick out about 6mm and the rest of the HU will stick out around 2mm.

Have a look on TalkFord, I put a thread up on there about this same issue but don't have any pics of the fix but other threads I linked to did.

Edit - Found the thread - http://www.talkford.com/topic/20116...t-on-56-plate-tdci-not-flush-fitting/?hl=sony

Last edited:
Sort of want another Mondeo. Previous one was a Zetec S. Love the idea of an ST220 but I fear I will feel a little underwhelmed by the engine. My Octavia is no rocket ship by any means but I think I would miss the power delivery :(

The centre console with a Sony HU is different internally from one with a Ford HU fitted and as such it requires some extra supports at the rear of console cutting away for a normal double din HU to fit properly or a new centre console, as I found out to my cost with my Mondeo. If you don't do this then the lower edge will stick out about 6mm and the rest of the HU will stick out around 2mm.

Have a look on TalkFord, I put a thread up on there about this same issue but don't have any pics of the fix but other threads I linked to did.

Edit - Found the thread - http://www.talkford.com/topic/20116...t-on-56-plate-tdci-not-flush-fitting/?hl=sony

My 2005 ST220 had the sony 6 cd unit, i read up loads on this, cutting away bits at the back of the console etc to fit the double din adapter unit (same one as posted above). All preped with my dremel, but when it arrived it went in absolutely fine. The unit said it will fit 2003-2007 mondeos and it did just that. No idea why some people have issues, unless there is two different double din adapters floating about and i was just lucky.

and no the supports had not been previously cut away either

edit - oh my days at the price £54! i paid less than half that for mine, shop around!

Last edited:
I decided that double-DIN was too much faff and that I couldn't be sure it'd fit for the reasons mentioned already; there were one or two documented "installs" on other forums but I don't think these were ST220s with the Sony 6CD unit. A couple of others I saw didn't look like they fitted properly anyway and generally looked crap.

The dashboard slopes down quite a lot inside the aperture into which the stereo fits, below the climate control unit and I'm not sure a large double-DIN unit would fit without having to seriously bodge something or have it sloping upward and looking a bit rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom