Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Well, since my car needs the spring sorting for the MOT. I've decided to replace all four with eibachs. How much should a garage charge for this? I was quoted £30 each side.

Seems fair to me, 30 quid per corner labour to change springs. If you factor in the chance for corroded bolts that might round off and so on I cant see any garage who'll do it for less than that unless its mates rates.

Seems fair to me, 30 quid per corner labour to change springs. If you factor in the chance for corroded bolts that might round off and so on I cant see any garage who'll do it for less than that unless its mates rates.

Cool, I'll ring around anyway and see if a mate knows someone. I rather pay £25/corner. :cool:

I couldn't put eibaches on even if i wanted to.... my driveway way has already molestered the front bumper as they already are....

Plus the ride is a bit bashy as it is standard.

Well, since my car needs the spring sorting for the MOT. I've decided to replace all four with eibachs. How much should a garage charge for this? I was quoted £30 each side.

my ST220 failed yesterday, BOTH front springs snapped. I do check my shocks and springs and have done recently but didnt see this, right at the bottom on each side, hard to see...damn pot holes, so many round here

my ST220 failed yesterday, BOTH front springs snapped. I do check my shocks and springs and have done recently but didnt see this, right at the bottom on each side, hard to see...damn pot holes, so many round here

Exactly same place for me. Right at the bottom where it sits, it's just a small piece of coil that's come off. Get some eibachs. I got them off the bay for £150, and you may need pinch bolts too which are a couple of quid from ford.

Exactly same place for me. Right at the bottom where it sits, it's just a small piece of coil that's come off. Get some eibachs. I got them off the bay for £150, and you may need pinch bolts too which are a couple of quid from ford.

ordered eibachs yesterday, £145 ebay :) going to do it myself, garage wanted £240 labour!

Right, I am going to go single DIN as it seems much easier and looks pretty good. The only slight complication seems to be getting the steering wheel controls working properly. I've seen reviews online that say the Autoleads one is crap and make sure I get the Connects2 one.

Anyone used either?

I replaced my Sony 6CD unit with a double-din. Search this thread for pics.

The biggest difficulty was making sure the cables were clear of obstructions when sliding it in. You have to make sure no cables go across the central vertical column at the back.

Got the springs fitted (Eibachs), will wait for it to settle and do an alignment. But first opinions are good. They do make a difference, ride is a little harder, but I do prefer a harder ride. ;)

Car sits a little lower, but should settle overtime. Will get some pics up.

My rear suspension is shocking atm, i know i have only had the car 2 minutes but i think something has went on the rear. Cba to jack it up and check atm doh :p

Back
Top Bottom