Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Bushes should have been done pretty 50k,otherwise they're almost a certainty. If they were replaced with decent ones then they should almost last indefinitely. Other prime suspect would be a sheared top mount on the spring, which I had. 30quid plus an hours labour.

Just a comparison shot of before and after, for anyone fitting Eibachs. Please note road surface is not level, with a camber decline at nearside of the car.

Before

After

Last edited:
I have realised my car does not like anything apart from bp diesel. Not even shell diesel.

Handles great now with the springs, ride is better for me too. I can take corners like a madman, and the back doesn't swing out as much as it used to. Would have been much better if I had bought a st220 with a lsd.

Great mod, well worth the money on my tractor.

Fitted one a few months ago. Not had any problems with it and fits in the tray fine.

IMG_0138Small_zps3e33774e.jpg

I'm curious as to how far other people's boots (hatchback) open when you press the button - mine doesn't make any effort to open at all, it just sits on the latch, and the boot is quite stiff to open and the struts don't really hold it up if it's anything other than fully open.

So I'm going to replace the gas struts but I'm wondering how much of an improvement there'll be in how far it opens on its own without doing the "spring mod"?

Fitted one a few months ago. Not had any problems with it and fits in the tray fine.
Thanks for the pic Kaka. I assume it needs to be upside down to match up with the correct terminals. Is it a tight fit or is there enough space to stuff a couple inline fuses down the side?

I'm curious as to how far other people's boots (hatchback) open when you press the button - mine doesn't make any effort to open at all, it just sits on the latch, and the boot is quite stiff to open and the struts don't really hold it up if it's anything other than fully open.
Mine's exactly the same and on a windy day, watch your head (same goes for bonnet).

So I'm going to replace the gas struts but I'm wondering how much of an improvement there'll be in how far it opens on its own without doing the "spring mod"?
I thought new struts was all you needed for automatic full-open. Let me know how it goes and what parts you ordered. Oh and lots of pics please :)

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Talk:How_To here's the instructions for the mod - I'm not really that fussed about it opening all the way, I just wondered what it should be like with "good" struts; I think mine are probably past their best - if I open it less than half way it'll drop back down again, and if I open it more than half way it'll rise very, very slowly. It's a heavy old tailgate I suppose.

Mine's always done that so I don't know.

Have read of a few people damaging their boot by opening it (automatically) too close to objects behind them.

Will the button inside the car open the boot while on the move?

Thanks for the pic Kaka. I assume it needs to be upside down to match up with the correct terminals. Is it a tight fit or is there enough space to stuff a couple inline fuses down the side?

The body is slightly slimmer than the base so you'll probably be able to fit the fuses down there. And yes, I think that's the only way the battery will fit because of the terminals.

Same here.

Back
Top Bottom