Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Mondeo (+)"GB" 3.0L Duratec ST EFI (220PS) 5 Door RHD
Tailgate Gas Struts
Part Number: 1219985(QTY2)
Retail Price: £57.18each
You Pay: £51.46each

Do not want anymore.

I have realised my car does not like anything apart from bp diesel. Not even shell diesel.

Handles great now with the springs, ride is better for me too. I can take corners like a madman, and the back doesn't swing out as much as it used to. Would have been much better if I had bought a st220 with a lsd.

Great mod, well worth the money on my tractor.

my Eibachs springs are on now, and have to agree the handling improvement is VERY noticeable, i had eibachs fitted to previous cars and didn't notice it like i do on my ST220. A very good mod and not too expensive. The car sits much nicer too, the front is not too much lower but the back has come down a bit more which suits the car imo.

How have people hidden the cables for dashcams etc? I know roughly how to do it but I'm after specifics.

I'm going to tap into the supply to the cigarette lighter in the centre console, run a wire up into the dash area, over to the A-pillar, then up across the sun visors to the centre of the windscreen by the glasses holder. I was going to try and go into the back of the fusebox but I remember someone saying once that doing that is a nightmare because of how cluttered it is.

Reason for doing it is because a) it's untidy using the cig lighter, and b) cig lighters get knocked, and then my camera stops recording! Defeats the objective a bit really...

Thanks Howard, but what panels etc do you have to remove? How do you guide the cable up from the centre console right through the dash panelling and over to the A-pillar, etc?

I'm assuming that you just butchered the circuitry out of an existing cigarette charger adaptor, and wired that into the car supply?

Cheers!

Just the A-pillar trim. You can gently pull down the headlining enough to get wires inside it. You can remove the glovebox and poke the wires up the A-pillar to the side of the dashboard. .

I'm assuming that you just butchered the circuitry out of an existing cigarette charger adaptor, and wired that into the car supply?

Cheers!

I bought an extension cable and hard-wired that to the supply, and plugged the adaptor for the dashcam into it, and secured it behind the glovebox. That way I wasn't damaging any of the dashcam-specific components. :)

Well I ran the cable to the terminals on the cigarette lighter socket which isn't far from the glovebox, and made pretty simple by Ford's often-flimsy approach to trimming ;) With the glovebox removed you can just pokes wires down the side of the centre console next to the radio and they'll appear by the cig lighter / cup holder once you've pulled the ashtray section out.

When I looked into this I saw you could get this little "thing" that plugs into the fuse box and lets you double-up on a fuse.

Sorry I can't remember what it was called...

Edit: I think it was this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251451104403/

So you pick a fuse, either one that is always live or one that's only live with the ignition (depending on your preference), remove it and place it into the "Add-A-Circuit" device then put that into the slot where the fuse came out of.

Then I think you also add a 2nd fuse for the dashcam into the 2nd slot in the "Add-A-Circuit" device and then wire it up to the dashcam.

I think that's a neater way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom