Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

New reverse sensor switch went in yesterday so that's all working nicely again. Also replaced the battery with the Bosch S5 74Ah.

On the downside I discovered 2 new dents in my front passenger door obviously caused by people opening their car door onto mine. Very annoyed as I had just got the previous dents in the same door repaired a short while ago.

I've got a nice car park ding in my front passenger door that's quite visible in sunlight. I keep telling myself that the person who did it was dropped on their head at birth and hopefully has a similar dent in their skull.

Hey all,

I've got a Mondeo Titanium X 59 plate and I got the battery replaced but in doing so I need to put the code in for the stereo.

Is the only way I can get it from a Ford dealership?
I rang a dealership and they said for me to go there and they'll put the code in. I'm fine with going there but I'd rather know the code in case it I need it again.

It's the sat nav model if that counts

Hey all,

I've got a Mondeo Titanium X 59 plate and I got the battery replaced but in doing so I need to put the code in for the stereo.

Is the only way I can get it from a Ford dealership?
I rang a dealership and they said for me to go there and they'll put the code in. I'm fine with going there but I'd rather know the code in case it I need it again.

It's the sat nav model if that counts

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=483687&page=2379

Odd problem, my drivers window doesn't go up or down automatically anymore. Still goes up and down but i have to keep my finger on it.

Means i can't close/open that window from the key fob.

I had to do that too after replacing my battery on the weekend. The system needs to re-learn the fully open and fully closed positions before one-touch open/close can work. My Focus worked in the same way.

Took the mondy for its first real drive on sunday around hartside pass.

The car blew my mind!, my buddy was in front in a track prepped s14 and there was a g35 skyline behind.

I clung to the 14 in the bends and pulled away from the g35 behind me.

Its so capable and i didnt expect any of what it gave me while i hammered the crap out of it.
The shear grip and road holding is fantastic!!, i really cant wait to get it on the track in the near future.

Goood car :D

Right I think this is probably the most appropriate thread for this question so ....

I currently own an ST200 which I've had for just over 8 years but is now in need of replacing and I want another ST either the ST220 or ST TDCi however I'm struggling to choose which one, and the economy isn't of any importance to me so that's not a factor.

So who can tell me from experience the pros and cons of each model, I know there are a few things to watch out for (I'll be going to look at a few this weekend hopefully) just wondered if anyone here can give me a bit of useful info, thanks.

Stu

Why would you want a diesel with a ST body kit on over a real ST220?

You go with the Diesel if you do LOLmiles and want a good looking car. You go with the ST220 for everything else.

The only car acronym worse than "ST", is "STD" :)

Joking aside, the ST is quicker, more sporty, better equipped (as standard), more reliable and sounds much, much better. Actually it's not so much that the ST sounds great, it's more that the STD sounds terrible - it's as agriculturally sounding as you can get.

Well after looking around for months and months and month today I am going to pick up my 2007 ST220 in Stardust Silver with only 54k on the clock.

I'll throw up a few pics later when I get it back, the test drive was just immense and the sound from the aftermarket exhaust on it, popping on overrun and the low deep burble was just awesome.

Rybo89, what exhaust do you have fitted to yours in your signature photo just out of curiosity?

Stu

Back
Top Bottom