Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
Bought myself some new rims on monday as mine were shocking, genuine focus rs 18".

dsc2645j.jpg

dsc2646k.jpg

dsc2643.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah it kinda stood out. Normally people run stock callipers or do the ASBO upgrade which is a straight swap.

yes they do, but i fancied something different!
Was the lacquer on the old wheels coming away or where they just kerbed? The lacquer on my wheels was terrible at 5 years old.

They were before i sprayed them black last year, which was my first go at spray painting. The finish was quite good, but the lacquer also peeled off, plus a friend of mine decided he wanted to park to close to the curb and gave it a good curbing! so i decided to get a new set of wheels and i will at some point get my originals professionally refurbed and may sell them.

They do look nice, in 19`s and black they would look ace!

Soldato
Got Mondy back today, complete with new ICE install. In my excitement I forgot to take pics of the front end, but here's the boot anyway:D

P1030497.jpg

P1030493.jpg

P1030492.jpg

P1030490.jpg

P1030489.jpg

P1030487.jpg

P1030485.jpg

P1030499.jpg

P1030500.jpg

P1030501.jpg

P1030502.jpg

P1030503.jpg

P1030504.jpg

P1030498.jpg

The quality of the fabrication in the boot is excellent. I had a false MDF floor installed in the boot and a wall on the left hand side to house the Focal amp. As you can see there is a cut out so access to the spare wheel is not compromised. Boot space is not compromisd at all.

The Focal 12" sub has been loaned to me by the shop until it my sub arrives. I now have a Alpine PDXmono 1000W RMS block and a JL W6 sub on order as I decided to ditch the budget Vibe sub & amp.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Very nice! Lovely looking ST too - has that been lowered?

Looks like it might be on a 35mm drop, it sits very similar to mine, which is here after a quick wash and blast this morning.

Mods are the springs, and a headers-back exhaust from the lovely chaps at BCS automotive. Currently saving up for some good brakes - put new stock discs and pads on recently as it was coming up to MOT time and they were looking close to being knackered. And still after two moderately hard stops from 3 figures down they're cooked.

I like that Brembo setup posted above!

Soldato
That looks like a very neat install. How does it all sound?

It will sound awesome once my JL sub is in and running off its dedicated Alpine amp and all the speakers have been fully run in. At the moment the loaned Focal sub is running bridged from the Focal amp which is only really supposed to power the mids and tweets in the front. Neverthless it sounds very good but will reserve final judgement.

Glad I got it done professionally. The two guys that did it have been in business for 20 years and it shows in their workmanship and attention to detail. Every inch of the boot has been deadened not just the doors. They also happily field my incessant questions over the phone and me constantly changing my mind over the components.

They've offered to install 3 different subs in my car next weekend as they want me to do a blind test before I buy, which I think is pretty cool. You can't buy that kind of service from Car Audio Direct. ;)

Very nice! Lovely looking ST too - has that been lowered?

Thanks and I have no idea if its been lowered :o The guy I bought it from is a proper petrol head, judging by the TVR he was restoring, so it wouldn't surprise me, but I'm sure he would have mentioned it if he had. Is there an easy way I could confirm either way whether its been lowered?

Associate
Mods are the springs, and a headers-back exhaust from the lovely chaps at BCS automotive. Currently saving up for some good brakes - put new stock discs and pads on recently as it was coming up to MOT time and they were looking close to being knackered. And still after two moderately hard stops from 3 figures down they're cooked.

I like that Brembo setup posted above!

Any vids of your exhaust system? really would like to hear that

Associate
Pick my 2004 performance blue ST220 up next week:D
Coming from a 2000 mondeo ghia x is a nice step up. Just need to get the wheels sorted because of common corrosion/flaking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom