Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
Nice :) what's the condition, mileage, spec etc? And how much did you pay for it?

It has done 43000 and comes with xenons and it is in excellent condition.
It also has full ford service history(just had annual service).
12 months mot.
6 months tax.
Recently had 4 new tyres(brigdestone) and pads/discs.
£4800.

Associate
Few pics of mine but i really should have took them outside:o
359fhax.jpg
14b3r4z.jpg

9aadg9.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I have ~£3K. Will this get me a good ST220? Are there any other potentially expensive issues apart from the DMF going boobs skyward, and is this a common problem?

I've seen this, and I really like the red leather. So much so, I don't think I'd find it easy settling for anything with black leather:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...page/1/radius/1500/postcode/rh159ss?logcode=p

I'll be buying in 5 weeks, so that car will probably be gone. It's between the 220 and the ZT 190 currently.

Soldato
ST everytime! Didnt notice you posted in here.

5 weeks, can you not save another 500-1k? Around 3k mark your looking at moon miles/no history. Near 4k is where you need to be looking.

Mind you, you might get lucky.

Man of Honour
I have ~£3K. Will this get me a good ST220?

I really think you are going to need to lower your expectations on this budget, busting the budget to buy a car that averages under 30mpg and costs 500 quid for a set of tyres is never going to end well.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;21966781 said:
I really think you are going to need to lower your expectations on this budget, busting the budget to buy a car that averages under 30mpg and costs 500 quid for a set of tyres is never going to end well.

My current car has similar running costs, so I'm kind of used to this.

Soldato
ST everytime! Didnt notice you posted in here.

5 weeks, can you not save another 500-1k? Around 3k mark your looking at moon miles/no history. Near 4k is where you need to be looking.

Mind you, you might get lucky.

That hasn't been my experience. Perhaps a mint, low mileage one from a dealer will cost around 4k but you can get a mint example for circa 3k with below average mileage.

Associate
From a dealer like Evans Halshaw, that is really cheap.

It took me a little while to find a black one in the condition I wanted. The colour of the red leather is a bit too rich imo and overwhelms the whole interior.

Man of Honour
That hasn't been my experience. Perhaps a mint, low mileage one from a dealer will cost around 4k but you can get a mint example for circa 3k with below average mileage.

The word mint is so badly abused these days. Very few 5+ year old cars are mint. What you mean is good condition not mint. Mint is almost flawless.

Back
Top Bottom