Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Yeah it isn't that bad but I will do the fix just unsure which is the best method to use as I have seen quite a few ... any ideas ..?

Stu

Removed the black strip of the bumper and use about 5 self tapping screws with washers. Just make sure you jack the bumper up with a trolley jack or something similar to stop it dropping. Obviously use something to protect the lower bumped from being damaged by the jack.

This is quite helpful.

Worked for me. :)

ST220 is an interesting choice for a pure track car, how are these on track?

Quite good. I've always liked them and wanted one so when one came up I went for it. Heavy on brakes / fuel / tyres though. Usually find it does well in the bends but gets left behind on the straights.

Can anyone recommend some decent replacement door speakers at all which will just pop straight in (front and rear) without having to mess around with spacers or anything, the ones in it are good but lack the ability to play some lower frequencies which I know some decent aftermarket speakers will do just a treat.

Stu

Thing is its not just a NAV unit, everything else is attached to it as well, climate control, A/C, phone, CD & Changer and the auxiliary audio socket in the glove box so it all has to stay really ... the unit seems to deliver enough power to the speakers, they don't distort they just don't produce very low frequencies and sound like they produce a bit too much mid range.

As for the car, love it, a nice upgrade from my ST200, surprisingly quite a bit more torque as well.

Few differences such as the 6th gear, that took a bit of getting used to and the closer ratios but that's all good now and I love the popping from the exhaust on downshifts and lifting off the throttle, not too loud just nice and how the exhaust note changes depending on the rev range, it seems to be a very well tuned custom exhaust.

Fuel consumption is about the same as my ST200 was maybe 1-2mpg less but hardly noticeable.

The ride is much better, there is less body roll, its firm but absorbs bumps very well, handles amazingly, great feedback from the steering which I would say is on the heavier side for power steering but I like it, you get a better feel for what the car is doing.

All in all I am very happy so far, glad I never chose a ST TDCi I'd have hated to loose that V6 soundtrack..!

Stu

Has anyone on here replaced the Denso Visteon sat nav?

Just purchased my second Mondeo ST after writing off the first.

I am considering replacing the factory sat nav but not sure it would be possible as the climate control is built in.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Need some rear brake pads.
Dont want squeelers.

Torn between brembo, ford oem (aparently on ebay) or ultimax. All between £30-£40

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom