Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Mondeo ST's are getting common round my parts now (especially the dervs). They're great all round cars that's why I've still kept mine. Might look to spend a bit of money on it as it does need a respray up front. Other then that, nearly 139k miles and still going strong.

how often do they need full services etc? as mine is missing the service history. does the brake fluid need replacing after 70k like i have seen mentioned on other sites? or the gearbox oil etc?

Yeah they are awesome cars. I only know of 2 ST220's around my area, one minter and one shed.

I have to be honest and say i would not touch a car without any service history. big risk you have took there, hopefully the dealer was being honest about the book and that the previous owner took care of it.

Have you done MOT checks to clarify the mileage and MOT history? Click Here to check the MOT history.

Has the dealer gave it a good service before selling? If not, give it a good service (oil and filters). New gearbox oil at 80k can only be a good thing, same with the brake fluid.

Yeah they are awesome cars. I only know of 2 ST220's around my area, one minter and one shed.

I have to be honest and say i would not touch a car without any service history. big risk you have took there, hopefully the dealer was being honest about the book and that the previous owner took care of it.

Have you done MOT checks to clarify the mileage and MOT history? Click Here to check the MOT history.

Has the dealer gave it a good service before selling? If not, give it a good service (oil and filters). New gearbox oil at 80k can only be a good thing, same with the brake fluid.

I know i never buy a car myself without fsh but i purchased from a car dealers that got it from the Ford garage were the fella traded it in. I was told they have lost the books for it as they are not really interested in keeping 10 yr old cars on there forecourts are they and had just discarded them somewhere. The dealer i purchased from has written to the former owner of 9yrs in the hope he might have some service history proof or something.
It looks really well looked after though and it got 12 months mot which it passed no probs
thanks for the link ill check now

Had a catch up.

14658288353_a81b3d4b08_z.jpg

I know i never buy a car myself without fsh but i purchased from a car dealers that got it from the Ford garage were the fella traded it in. I was told they have lost the books for it as they are not really interested in keeping 10 yr old cars on there forecourts are they and had just discarded them somewhere. The dealer i purchased from has written to the former owner of 9yrs in the hope he might have some service history proof or something.
It looks really well looked after though and it got 12 months mot which it passed no probs
thanks for the link ill check now

Is that the same car you linked to on eBay a couple weeks ago?
How much did you pay for it in the end?

Is that the same car you linked to on eBay a couple weeks ago?
How much did you pay for it in the end?

Hi yeh the same one in the link. Was in really good condition for a 10yr old car and drove really well. I paid the asking price of £3495 with 12 months mot, 6 months tax put on it and all rhe little car park dings removed by there dent guy. It even had little things like proper ford windscreen wipers and Pirelli tyres so I just took the risk that the guy who owned it for 9 years and who would have paid a lot of money for it originally would have serviced it each year as everything else on it looks well looked after.

Sounds like a nice example. Shame about the lack of history but it's an educated risk I guess given the plus points about the car which you've highlighted.

Hope it works out well for you. :)

That looks dreadful, how can anyone stand back from that and think "yep, that looks much better than it did when it came out of the factory" :confused:

He's having a laugh with that price as well.

Have any of you chaps replaced the OEM Sony double din head units in your ST?

Mine is a 2007 ST TDCI and the cd player part of the HU has decided its not playing any more and keeps throwing up cd error all the time. At one point I couldn't get any of the discs out but have now managed this feat so I think its time to get a new HU.

Any recommendations? I guess I will need a new wiring loom and a fascia plate of some form if I go for a single din unit to fill the excess space left behind.

Would be idea to either be able to plug in usb stick/memory card and or control iPhone via bluetooth.

Really interested to see if anyone else has changed and what they went for and why.

Went to replace my reversing light switch today only to find out that the spare I'd got had a much shorter thread length on it and wouldn't screw in!

End up blasting the old one out around the bearing seat with some GT85, and then refitted. Seems ok now, hopefully it'll last. Also replaced the windscreen washer pump, I only ever seem to have them last a couple of years for some reason.

Mine is a 2007 ST TDCI and the cd player part of the HU has decided its not playing any more and keeps throwing up cd error all the time. At one point I couldn't get any of the discs out but have now managed this feat so I think its time to get a new HU.

Any recommendations? I guess I will need a new wiring loom and a fascia plate of some form if I go for a single din unit to fill the excess space left behind.

Would be idea to either be able to plug in usb stick/memory card and or control iPhone via bluetooth.

Really interested to see if anyone else has changed and what they went for and why.

Its a nice easy job and fascia and wiring adapters are plentiful.

I went for a high quality single din alpine unit with Bluetooth and whatnot - the IDE-178bt. I decided against a double din unit as I'd only want one with nav, and they cost £4848299922.

Mine was the Ghia X with same Sony HU and there's a big problem if you're replacing the Sony with another Double Din unit (none with single Din). The Sony unit isn't square at the front, the bottom is pulled in slightly so when a new Double Din unit is fitted the bottom sticks out. The only way to fix this is to remove the support struts at the back of the centre console!

Here's my post on TalkFord about it - http://www.talkford.com/topic/20116...56-plate-tdci-not-flush-fitting/#entry1945500

Its a nice easy job and fascia and wiring adapters are plentiful.

I went for a high quality single din alpine unit with Bluetooth and whatnot - the IDE-178bt. I decided against a double din unit as I'd only want one with nav, and they cost £4848299922.

Looks good Howard. Out of interest, please could you link the fascia and wiring adaptor you picked? Tempted to do the same to mine, not least because having proper in car BT for my phone would be awesome!

If they do a CD version on their site then I'll be well and truly sold.

Back
Top Bottom