Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

In my eyes, you're a hero. To the other half, you're probably going to make the most wanted list soon :D.

Found it, a mere snip at £180 so I'll be grabbing one of those soon! I won't tell her the price if you don't...

Cheers for ID'ing the adaptors, it'll be good to get a kit that I know will work neatly on a post facelift ST220 :).

Last edited:
I bought one then decided after a year of it lying around that i couldn't be arsed to fit it, so i sold it.

Cool story for ya.

Haha! I really hope I don't do the same :D

Mine was the Ghia X with same Sony HU and there's a big problem if you're replacing the Sony with another Double Din unit (none with single Din). The Sony unit isn't square at the front, the bottom is pulled in slightly so when a new Double Din unit is fitted the bottom sticks out. The only way to fix this is to remove the support struts at the back of the centre console!

Here's my post on TalkFord about it - http://www.talkford.com/topic/20116...56-plate-tdci-not-flush-fitting/#entry1945500

Don't think I am going to go for a double din personally. But thanks so much for pointing that out as I would never have known!! Top man.

Looks good Howard. Out of interest, please could you link the fascia and wiring adaptor you picked? Tempted to do the same to mine, not least because having proper in car BT for my phone would be awesome!

If they do a CD version on their site then I'll be well and truly sold.

Can you link me to the same things, harness and fascia. Thanks :)

Its a nice easy job and fascia and wiring adapters are plentiful.

I went for a high quality single din alpine unit with Bluetooth and whatnot - the IDE-178bt. I decided against a double din unit as I'd only want one with nav, and they cost £4848299922.

Agree with you on double din.

The Alpine you gave the model for looks spot on! Really good price too at just less than £160 and full of features. Did you just change the HU or did you do all the speakers as well?

OK so as far as I can tell it's an Autoleads FP-07-07 fascia adaptor, for single-DIN. Wiring adaptor-wise, you'll need an Autoleads PC99-X50 (http://caraudiosecurity.com/vehicle-interface-ford-focus-c-max), and one of the listed patch leads relevant to your head unit manufacturer (PC99-ALP for Alpine units).

This is what works for me, the fascia adaptor looks good and matches the matt plastic of the rest of the centre console, and the wiring adaptor works nicely with the stalk controls.

Hope this helps!

Need a new EGR to intercooler hose. Mine seems to have a 2inch gash in it now. No wonder the car was boosting low, and the sound of forced air escaping. Sucks, will buy a silicone hose now.

OK so as far as I can tell it's an Autoleads FP-07-07 fascia adaptor, for single-DIN. Wiring adaptor-wise, you'll need an Autoleads PC99-X50 (http://caraudiosecurity.com/vehicle-interface-ford-focus-c-max), and one of the listed patch leads relevant to your head unit manufacturer (PC99-ALP for Alpine units).

This is what works for me, the fascia adaptor looks good and matches the matt plastic of the rest of the centre console, and the wiring adaptor works nicely with the stalk controls.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Howard, definitely helpful. Shiny thing incoming in the near future I reckon! Bet it's going to be a right fiddle sorting the mic cable out though - the car has already laid claim to a fair amount of my blood!

I routed mine down the centre console and clipped it to the little lid that covers the cigarette lighter/ashtray cubby hole. In fairness, it's out of the way and works well. At some point I'll probably wire it through the roof lining into the "factory" microphone location in front of the interior light, but the amount of effort required to do that currently exceeds the quantity of arsed that I have available ;)

Hope this helps!

Good man Howard. Thankyou very much, most helpful indeed.

Just bought a catalytic converter. Get it back to standard.

Howard, i know you posted it before when i asked ages ago but will you throw the images back up of your alloys. Going to get my alloys refurbed. Car will be pretty much mint then.

The middle heat shield started hanging off. It was ripped at it's point's so I took it off.

I think O/S/R wheel bearing has gone. It's been making a very loud humming/droning noise over 40mph. It increases/gets louder with speed. If I turn left the noise stays, If I turn right the noise goes.

Not sure if it's the tyre as it's quite low? Going to get a mechanic to check it anyway. I did jack up and test, and it does have play in it.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
It was in a bad way. Very noisy, surprised It didn't mess up even worse so.

All in all since I've got the car I've replaced the following;

3 Tyres,
Set of springs
EGR with a Blank
EGR to Intercooler Hose
Rear wheel bearing hub

Great car, Mondeo!

Back
Top Bottom