Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Just bought a catalytic converter. Get it back to standard.

Howard, i know you posted it before when i asked ages ago but will you throw the images back up of your alloys. Going to get my alloys refurbed. Car will be pretty much mint then.

Mine haven't been refurbed, not by me anyway, yet. They must have been in a previous lifetime though as they're silver, but they're going to want refurbing at some point, but I've got more pressing things to deal with first.

Surely it depends on the mileage? :)

I think the Mondeo mk3 wheel bearings are crap and don't last as long. Maybe it's a issue with the car I'm not sure. My car is on 140k, it had it's rear replaced. Mind you I don't think it hadn't had it before so it's not quite bad going.

Our Mercedes which was older and on 147k never needed one what so ever.

Anyone help me with this ASAP as I'm 25 miles from home and don't want to break down.
St220 Engine management light is flashing on and off every few minutes and it's really juddering accelerating through every gear with slight loss of power. And stationery it's juddering sound from engine.
Will it be ok to drive back home??

No. Sounds like a misfire, time to call breakdown.

HT leads, coil pack, sparks would be first point of call.

Thanks for your reply . Had similar thing happen with a focus years ago and that was coil pack but don't remember engine management light coming on. I'm in work and I've just come out on my lunch and took it out for a quick spin and it's fine now?? But migh change on once engine is warmed up properly.
Does the rain or big puddles affect the st220's in anyway? As it was pouring down wen it happened this morning and I have just tried it 4 hours later seems to b ok at the moment. I might chance driving 25 miles back and take it straight my local garage as it felt like it was going to cut out and juddering all the way to work this morning.

It's weird just drove home and it was driving ok apart maybe not accelerating as quick as normal. Obviously something's not right after all that happening this morning so booked it in the local garage for spark plugs and coil pack first.
What spark plugs are best for the St220? Genuine ford one's?

Anyone know if a 2005 titanium x 3.0 v6 engine takes the same spark plugs and coil pack as the 3.0 in the ST220? As my dad can get 50% discount for Ford parts if he gets them? But they will be given to him for his Tit x but will I be able to use them instead of paying full retail?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom