Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Is that extra urban? Urban I get around 36-40. Extra urban I can get 55mpg if I sit at 60mph.
yeah i suppose i must go up hills a lot. the only time i've had it on the motorway was on the way back from picking it up and it went up from 39.2mpg when i picked it up from the garage to 42mpg. i've driven it to work all this week and it seems to stay between 42.2-42.5mpg i only do about 5 miles though so that and the fact that its quite hilly round here must make my mpg bad.

yeah i suppose i must go up hills a lot. the only time i've had it on the motorway was on the way back from picking it up and it went up from 39.2mpg when i picked it up from the garage to 42mpg. i've driven it to work all this week and it seems to stay between 42.2-42.5mpg i only do about 5 miles though so that and the fact that its quite hilly round here must make my mpg bad.

Sounds about right to be honest. Next time you fill up just reset the MPG and see how it goes. They're surprisingly good on fuel. Over 15000 miles I've averaged 40mpg. That's with a lot of city driving/short journeys and some motorway.

What tyres r u guys putting on the mondeos? I need to change a front tyre the side wall is gone. It has 2 P Zero's on front and 2 Falken's on back but don't fancy paying £120 for another P Zero :D
Any cheaper decent alternatives that do the job as the other front has only got a few months tops left in it also. Finding the grip quite poor in the wet sometimes.

Also battery is going on main key so was thinking of just replacing it with a brand new flip key seems as it's seen better days so how much would I be looking at for a new key? Do I have to get one cut myself and then program it?

Mine are ready, 3 p zeros and 1 Avon ( puncture whilst away and garage only had Avon what was closest looking tyre to the p zero)

So might just get another 3 Avons next to go with the loner.

Pay that but get Goodyear AS2's or CSC5's, they're much better (I prefer the AS2's, they wear slower).

This. I only ever use Conti SportContact 5s on mine because there's no point buying cheaper, inferior ones. I've not tried Goodyears but I could be tempted to switch.

Key-wise, you can buy a new Jaguar flip key for about £60 from eBay, take it to Timpsons and get it cut, and then program it yourself (this isn't difficult). I'm not sure if there are any other "Ford-branded" flip-keys available since I did this.

Edit: There's this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-3-BUT...cessories_Safety_Security&hash=item43c46ceb53 which I'd be tempted to take a punt on.

Last edited:
I recently put falken 914's on the rear, no problems.

Yeh same as the rear of mine and they look like new from wen I got the car just over a month ago. I normally like having the same tyres on my car but the main tyre places by me don't seem to have Falken tyres :confused:

This. I only ever use Conti SportContact 5s on mine because there's no point buying cheaper, inferior ones. I've not tried Goodyears but I could be tempted to switch.

Key-wise, you can buy a new Jaguar flip key for about £60 from eBay, take it to Timpsons and get it cut, and then program it yourself (this isn't difficult). I'm not sure if there are any other "Ford-branded" flip-keys available since I did this.

Edit: There's this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-3-BUT...cessories_Safety_Security&hash=item43c46ceb53 which I'd be tempted to take a punt on.

Thanks for the eBay link. If I'm going to be paying at Least £100 each for the front tyres I might give the Goodyear or conti's ago then rather than the P Zero Ones again.

Yeh same as the rear of mine and they look like new from wen I got the car just over a month ago. I normally like having the same tyres on my car but the main tyre places by me don't seem to have Falken tyres :confused:

oh, i just buy tyres online and pay a garage £10 to fit them haha

What tyres r u guys putting on the mondeos? I need to change a front tyre the side wall is gone. It has 2 P Zero's on front and 2 Falken's on back but don't fancy paying £120 for another P Zero :D
Any cheaper decent alternatives that do the job as the other front has only got a few months tops left in it also. Finding the grip quite poor in the wet sometimes.

Also battery is going on main key so was thinking of just replacing it with a brand new flip key seems as it's seen better days so how much would I be looking at for a new key? Do I have to get one cut myself and then program it?
i've got 3 double stars and 1 baldish bridgestone on at the moment. i've got a full set of bridgestone with 5mm of tread on in the back but i need to get them fitted. my dad has dunlops on his s3 which are the same size (225/40/R18) and they seem pretty good.

also here is what mine sounds like with its not very quiet exhaust.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElY9s0YtZeQ

That just gave me a headache. Sorry but i would have to get rid of that exhaust asap.

Can you hear that inside the car?

I don't think it's the exhaust. I take it you're referring to the level destroying noise that comes after the revving? If so, there's a slammed passat TDI on 21" wheels round my way that has something similar and I'm almost certain he's ****ed around with the turbo. It's the most annoying sound next to babies crying. And I say that as someone who likes turbo diesels. You can hear the guy coming from the other side of town. Normal turbo wastegates produce a *ptsssch* sound but these things produce a *ptoooooo*. And I say "these" because there's a couple of them, not just passat guy, though he's the one I see most frequently. I've also heard it from a 306 and a MK4 Golf TDi. There's also the toolbag in the mk6 civic with a straight through who insists on hitting vtec in every gear. I hate my estate.

Edit: Did a bit of youtubing and apparently you can achieve this sound with a straight through or shorter pipes. But the only reason you'd want to on a TDI is to be an annoying tit that keeps me awake at night.

Last edited:
That just gave me a headache. Sorry but i would have to get rid of that exhaust asap.

Can you hear that inside the car?
that is the camera mic whilsing. i did say it was broken. you can't really hear it in the car at all and it doesn't do it if you change gear quickly. its decatted and has no silencer so it does sound beast as long as you don't lift off all the time. i just think anything is better then a normal diesel clatter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom