Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
OP

Haha, I've seen worse :o

That's awesome. I want it. If it was nearer 5k I'd say being in mint condition woulda make it worth it but 6k is a fair bit too much for an 04 I think. Annoyingly. Mines worth sod all :(

Soldato
721df48e828211e1abb01231381b65e3_7_zps60d90a55.jpg

:p

Soldato
Getting bored now.

Cars that that fit the bill end up having red/white interior or are 6,453,678 miles away. Need a car badly now, sick of driving this god awful mini about, horrible thing.

Never realised how rare ST220's were till now.

Soldato
Took me ages to find one, you need to be patient. There is a lot of rubbish and you have to sift through it all and look regularly.

I had to travel 3 hours with my pregnant girlfriend a week before she was due. It's been a great car and perfect for our little one with his buggy etc.

The fuel economy is the only downside so far. It's a tough pill to swallow.

Associate
Getting bored now.

Cars that that fit the bill end up having red/white interior or are 6,453,678 miles away. Need a car badly now, sick of driving this god awful mini about, horrible thing.

Never realised how rare ST220's were till now.

had mine 2 years nearly and had same issue was looking non stop for weeks on end, the are indeed rare, infact i could probably count on one hand how many i have seen on the road in the past year or so

Took me ages to find one, you need to be patient. There is a lot of rubbish and you have to sift through it all and look regularly.

I had to travel 3 hours with my pregnant girlfriend a week before she was due. It's been a great car and perfect for our little one with his buggy etc.

ha missed this, i drove couple hours to pick mine up whilst my wife was pregant, its actually the reason i wanted a larger car

Last edited:
Soldato
This isn't a bad thing :p

You know what I mean lol.

I could probably live with white interior, but red is horrid. I like a nice dark simple interior.

I am use to 29mpg, what do you get with the ST220?

Associate
I average 25-26mpg and a lot of it is motorway in non stop start, ie nice clear roads, i read a lot of people who get 30-32, i have tried and can get 34mpg on a run if im doing 65mph with a feather on the accelerator, but the minute you stop, hit traffic do a couple of short journeys that will drop significantly

Permabanned
If you do ANY kind of town driving don't expect to get more than 24mpg IMO.

I must have got lucky with mine, I drove about an hour and the first one I saw was pretty clean and a decent price so I bought it.
The bloke and his missus were very nice and the house was smart, paintwork wasn't mint and drivers heated seat didn't work but other than that the car was straight with less than 60k on the clock. and has up to now given me 12 months motoring with only a failed coilpack, seized handbrake lever on brake caliper and broken plastic thingy on the bonnet lock.

I suppose that list of faults sounds quite bad but they have all been relatively simple and cheap things to fix.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Checked my tyre tread depths last night with a tool and the inner track was quite a bit shallower than the outer track on both front tyres.

Normal or problem with camber?

Back
Top Bottom