Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I'll have to check again. I think it was around ~3mm inside, ~4mm middle, and ~4.5mm outer.

Aside from that, do I take the lowest reading as the overall reading?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Took more detailed tread depth measurements of my front tyres on my lunch break.

There are 4 tread lines going around the tyre that cover the central 75% area so I took 4 readings for each tyre.

Driver's side: 3.2mm (inside) / 3.8mm / 4.3mm / 5.2mm (outside)

Passenger side: 2.6mm (inside) / 3.8mm / 4mm / 4.9mm (outside)

About 7,200 miles covered from new.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
As far as estates go, I don't think I've ever seen one better looking than the ST220.

The owner of that one is on the stdrivers forum so you may want to go through his previous posts to check out any undeclared issues ;)

Soldato
Mine's on 96k and is still like silk. They're a pretty robust V6 block, so as long as they're looked after they'll be fine.

Be aware that at 100k you're coming up on Clutch, Dual Mass Flywheel (possibility, but if you're doing the clutch you may as well replace at the same time to avoid duplicating labour), and auxiliary belt tensioner (£100 + labour).

Soldato
OK cheers, how much is a DMF and clutch?

Anywhere from £700 (local garage with you supplying parts) to £1800 (Ford Swindon quote)! Mine eventually came in at £950 and made a real difference to the smoothness of the ride and got rid of the loud rattly clutch noise whilst parking.

Soldato
I have a slight squeaking noise sometimes when I depress the clutch pedal, which might be a cylinder going, or might just be the pedal itself squeaking. It's done it for over a year and I've had zero ill effects from it though, so it's being left as it is for now (only remembered because it came back today after a winter vacation of being silent!).

Back
Top Bottom