Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Yes certainly a gamble but i really needed a car. Went out last night hoping to find a suitable track/play car for the time being , whilst i looked for a ST220 i like.

Anyway that failed...

454D6A0A-B42C-4386-91C1-10388070B4E2-14301-00000F97093B1B23_zps4076a630.jpg

She is a 54 plate with 76k miles on the clock, FDSH, loads of history, 2 keys.

She is far from perfect though unfortunately. Wheels need a refurb, tiny ding on the rear quarter that should come out. Bonnet will be getting reprayed due to a bit of lacquer peal around the stone chips.

Reason for sale, kids and mother moved out so he bought a RX8 and stopped using the ST220 except for when he picked the kids up.

Was up for £3600 and got him down to £2900.

Engine sounds lovely :D

Soldato
OP
You liked it then. Good work!

Seems like great value even though it has a few cosmetic issues. Not sure what you expect for less than 3k really teenwolf!

Associate
seems a lot considering the issues.
i would have walked away

corroded alloys and stone chips on the bonnet ? you would be walking away from pretty much all ST220's then, the alloys are massively common as is a stone chipped front end given the age. Assuming the 'tiny ding' in the rear quarter is tiny and not completely caved in due to an accident then £2900 is a great price if its been looked after mechanically.

oh and congrats on getting the correct colour by the way :)

Last edited:
Soldato
She is a 54 plate with 76k miles on the clock, FDSH, loads of history, 2 keys.

She is far from perfect though unfortunately. Wheels need a refurb, tiny ding on the rear quarter that should come out. Bonnet will be getting reprayed due to a bit of lacquer peal around the stone chips.

Reason for sale, kids and mother moved out so he bought a RX8 and stopped using the ST220 except for when he picked the kids up.

Was up for £3600 and got him down to £2900.

Engine sounds lovely :D

You say it's far from perfect, but that sounds entirely reasonable to me - not indicators of additional problems, and you've got in with your eyes open about what needs doing. (Presuming of course you did some basic checks yourself!).

The standard finish on the alloys is a real weak point - you could get them done again as diamond cut, but most people (myself included) just get them powder coated so they don't have to worry.

Forgot to add it has had 4 brand new Pirelli P Zero Rosso's fitted to :)

Anyone know anything about these? They good?

Not used them personally, but they've got a reputation as perfectly good tyres (high end of "mid", bottom of "high" in terms of quality if that makes sense).

Ian

Ian

Associate
Had mine for coming up to a year now. Still a fantastic bit of kit :)

Have replaced the in car audio with a Pioneer unit and really should get around to having the alloys redone.

Soldato
Bring it to the RR :cool:

If i can get everything sorted, i will come to the RR :)

Just had a proper scan through some of the paper work. Certainly been maintained properly.

historypics_zpseef26d47.jpg

(made the picture a bit choppy because of the previous owners details)

It had 2 previous owners (now 3)

All the services and check ups it has had. All MOT's are present and has a bit of paper work from previous HPI checks and about a tracker being fitted (don't think it is active anymore)

Certainly been cared for.

I am happy with it and the guy seemed genuine, was in his 40's.

Just need to price up getting the alloys refurbished, bonnet sprayed and a ding master. The ding is small but noticeable if you are looking for it.

I believe i have got my self a bargain, very happy with it. :)

Will post pics up tomorrow if i get chance to give her a good clean.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nicely done sir (doffs hat).

Teasing aside, I can't really fault the silver, the car does look great in that too. Black is the other colour I see a lot and it just doesn't suit it in my opinion.

@Rybo - One thought actually about the rear "ding" - if it's near the bumper, it would be worth doing the bumper fix sooner rather than later to avoid any risk of sag. Takes all of 10 minutes and less than £5 to do :). If you don't know what I mean, I'll happily explain/talk you through it.

Soldato
@Rybo - One thought actually about the rear "ding" - if it's near the bumper, it would be worth doing the bumper fix sooner rather than later to avoid any risk of sag. Takes all of 10 minutes and less than £5 to do :). If you don't know what I mean, I'll happily explain/talk you through it.

Please, that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom