Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Permabanned
There's an issue on the ST220 because Ford fitted a larger, heavier rear bumper but didn't include any extra support. What people have found over time is that the bumper "sags", and a gap appears below the rear lights. Whilst it's usually just unsightly, some people have actually had their bumpers fall off because of this, and at £600 for a new one, sense of humour failure usually takes place.

Ford issued some foam blocks to hold the bumper, but they're over £100, and not always effective. What is effective though, is the fix that the owner community came up with, which takes 10 minutes and is just drilling 5 holes and fitting 5 screws. The posts below should make it clearer!

http://www.stdrivers.co.uk/forum/to...rear-bumper-thread/page__st__1200#entry202717

http://www.stdrivers.co.uk/forum/topic/19528-rear-bumper-pics-screws/

I thought this issue only affected the ST Diesels ?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I'm using a flat aux cable at the moment but it's not as convenient as the retractable one I had before. The glovebox has a big enough gap for it to be closed with the cable passed through the side edge.

Phone is mounted on one of the air vents like so:

st220_phone_mount.jpg

Soldato
Just got in touch with a guy who can do paintless dent removal. Charging me £55 to get rid of the dent and said he would go around all my car for a total cost of £80-100.

Meeting him Wednesday.

Anyone know any good wheel refurbish places that don't charge an arm and a leg?

Commissario
There's an issue on the ST220 because Ford fitted a larger, heavier rear bumper but didn't include any extra support. What people have found over time is that the bumper "sags", and a gap appears below the rear lights. Whilst it's usually just unsightly, some people have actually had their bumpers fall off because of this, and at £600 for a new one, sense of humour failure usually takes place.

Ford issued some foam blocks to hold the bumper, but they're over £100, and not always effective. What is effective though, is the fix that the owner community came up with, which takes 10 minutes and is just drilling 5 holes and fitting 5 screws. The posts below should make it clearer!

http://www.stdrivers.co.uk/forum/to...rear-bumper-thread/page__st__1200#entry202717

http://www.stdrivers.co.uk/forum/topic/19528-rear-bumper-pics-screws/

Aye, did the screw fix on my Mondeo. Works a treat. :)

Soldato
OP
Just got in touch with a guy who can do paintless dent removal. Charging me £55 to get rid of the dent and said he would go around all my car for a total cost of £80-100.

Meeting him Wednesday.

Anyone know any good wheel refurbish places that don't charge an arm and a leg?

Pics of the dent out of interest?

Soldato
Failed... Tried taking one with the flash but you can't see any dent. It is only small, with a 3cm crease. Lad on phone said he'll be able to get it out.

Got 25mpg over 50 miles today.

Had music off to try listen if I can hear anything now I have bought it. But nothing except the parcel shelf rattling away in the back.

Soldato
Can't really compare the 2, they are 2 complete different cars.

Lets just say i am very happy with the ST220's performance.Pleasantly surprised at its handling and solid chassis. Not had the chance to have a proper hoon in it yet though.

Love the noise from the engine, hate the clock on the centre console.

Soldato
Jacking the ST220 up for the first time is always an eye opener - the frame is so rigid that it's like you're lifting the entire car up!

"Planted" is always the word I use for the feel of the ST220, it just feels like it's glued to the road all the time, which I love.

If your only gripe is the clock, that's known as being happy with the car :). Now, take it out for a drive, get the engine up to temperature, and have a listen at 5-6k rpm...Try not to smile too much :).

Soldato
OP
It's very planted indeed, and very good fun to throw around. Ford are very good at their chassis dynamics especially the bigger cars.

The price of second hand Xenon headlamp units seems to have shot up since I did mine; around £300 for a pair now it would seem. But it's a very worthwhile upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom