Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
OP
Listened to loads of videos last night of Milltek,JP,Blueflame exhausts and I just don't like any of them. The noise just doesn't suit the car imo.

I'm glad it's not just me who thinks this!!! The videos people put online are crap though, I don't want to know what it sounds like if the camera is 6 inches from the tailpipe, this will misrepresent it completely :rolleyes:

Also been looking at facelift rear lights with the chrome strip, do these fit 2004 cars? Is the light bulb essembly the same? Can you remove the chrome strip and replace with blue?

As far as I know, the 2005 (or is it 2006?) facelift rear lights don't have reflectors in the clusters, so if you swap them you'd also need to find the rear plastic bumper inserts with the reflectors in, if that makes sense.

Soldato
I had the facelift rear lights fitted to my Zetec S, didn't bother with the reflective strips though, car had no problems at MOT time but if I did it again I would make the effort :)

img2392k.jpg

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Those rear tail lights look ok on a silver car but I think they look a little "after-market" on a performance blue ST.

I do like the rear reflectors though and was considering getting them. Do I need the black surround as well as the reflectors?

Rybo: I have the JP exhaust and it sounds a lot tamer than the YouTube videos.

Permabanned
I'm glad it's not just me who thinks this!!! The videos people put online are crap though, I don't want to know what it sounds like if the camera is 6 inches from the tailpipe, this will misrepresent it completely :rolleyes:

To be fair though most people will tell you how happy they are with the sound after they have them fitted.

I really want more noise from my exhaust but £500 to get a bit more noise is asking quite a lot IMO.

Although it should = a slight* performance upgrade at the same time I still thik £500 is steep, considering that the standard exhaust is S/S and will probably last the life of the car in most cases :)

Soldato
2002 cars (up to 03) had rust problems on the doors.

Guys is there anything needed to fit a double din Pioneer head unit? I had to buy a cage kit to fit it in the Fiesta ST, anyone know if thou need anything for the st220?

Soldato
OP
Music is important ;)

Rybo I posted some crap on the previous page of this thread about double din stuff and linked to some bits you'll need in addition to a wiring adaptor.

I changed the oil and filter on mine today, nice and simple as it should be, I don't know why people on forums complain about having to remove the undertray and whatnot?! Numpties. Not that it has much of an under-tray. Or at least, mine doesn't.

Soldato
Music is important ;)

Rybo I posted some crap on the previous page of this thread about double din stuff and linked to some bits you'll need in addition to a wiring adaptor.

Very important! Though i do find my self muting it a lot, so i can hear he V6 scream like a jet engine :D

Will look for your post, cheers :)

Soldato
Ok, so I ended up washing her anyway :p

Can't bloody find my Polish anywhere though :/ so I will have to leave that till next time. Tell you what though, I am very impressed with the paintwork condition. Total of about 4 stones chips around the whole car (there all on the front of the bonnet), few hand bag scrapes that will easily come out, the tiny bit of lacquer peel on the bonnet we all knew about and a tiny bit of lacquer peel on one of the wing mirror covers.

2 of the wheels look like they have been refurbished quite recently, though I think the previous owner wasn't the best at parking, as there is the odd scrape here and there on the alloys.

Going to have a hour on the engine bay, clean it up a bit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom