Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Mines started to occasionally have the abs and traction control lights staying on. Needs a service and new pads/discs all round also! :( Unsure what the abs error is. Could be a sensor or possibly wheel bearing!

Soldato
Nice and clean!

IMG_0198_zps1b3ad2ab.jpg

IMG_0205_zpsc9b3dc15.jpg

IMG_0212_zps59d03e80.jpg

IMG_0213_zps160665b6.jpg

IMG_0204_zps7b63d9a7.jpg

IMG_0199_zps8d59baaf.jpg

Soldato
No never use a jet wash on a engine, whatever some people say. Asking for trouble imo.

Hot water and washing up liquid in a bucket and a microfibre cloth. Don't drench the cloth, only needs to be damp and wipe round everything with a bit of elbow grease.

Jobs a good n.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I just got the garage to supply and fit new mounts when they were fitting the exhaust. JP didn't have any recommendations for mounts when I asked them.

All I remember was they were black. If I had to guess they were Ford OEM mounts.

Soldato
Fairy Liquid?! Really? Isn't there a special engine cleaner with err.. less salt?

I spent about £20 on engine bay cleaners and wasn't impressed at all, just left white crap all over the plastics (Think its in the Fiesta ST thread).

Anyway a old man told me to use abit of persil and some hot water and it would work a treat, he wasn't wrong. Also told me to use WD40 on a cloth to refresh any plastics on the exterior.

Persil will not harm anything at all. You ever seen it eat up your 10+ year old metal egg cups or pans? :p

Caporegime
I spent about £20 on engine bay cleaners and wasn't impressed at all, just left white crap all over the plastics (Think its in the Fiesta ST thread).

Anyway a old man told me to use abit of persil and some hot water and it would work a treat, he wasn't wrong. Also told me to use WD40 on a cloth to refresh any plastics on the exterior.

Persil will not harm anything at all. You ever seen it eat up your 10+ year old metal egg cups or pans? :p

No but my pans are Stainless Steel and constantly washed, my engine bay bits are not stainless :eek:

Back
Top Bottom