BPFix_Screws.jpg

After (very pleased with results!)

BPFix_After.jpg

BPFix_After2.jpg

:D

ST220.jpg

Associate
Good job!

How thick is the metal? Heard a lot of people says 'screws', can't it be done with nuts and bolts and washers?

Not too thick, couple of mm's

Screws are easier because you can go straight in, nut and bolt would require you to remove all the plastic under tray so you could get your hand behind the bumper / crash bar etc..

Soldato
OP
Little disappointed in this. I was expecting it to have 5 gears fairly close together and then an economy gear. Is the engine not quite loud?

Why are you disappointed? You've not even driven one yet I'm guessing?

All 6 gears are fairly close together as is usually the case. It'll do 155mph so it's not exactly strained at 70mph. It's not loud at all, the only noise you get really is tyre noise.

R220, good job. I might do that at some point. Mine isn't sagging as much as yours but you can still shift it with your hands. Ford :rolleyes: :p

Associate
No I haven't driven one yet. :p

I'm disappointed because, as I said, I was expecting it to be doing much lower revs in sixth to make it a more refined and relaxing ride. Kind of like in a lot of diesels how sixth is really tall for economy. Wasn't expecting it to be anything silly like 1500 rpm at 70 but I thought it would be in the low 2000s or something. But if the engine isn't droning on like my Focus can then it won't be so bad I guess. I'm probably just thinking a six cylinder car is gonna sound like mine at a cruise when it's really not. :p

Soldato
OP
It's not a low down torque monster though. It's perfectly refined and relaxed. Cars of its nature tend to have quite close-together gear ratios anyway and it accelerates quite nicely from 70mph in 6th as a result. It's a good blend of economy and acceleration

Imy

Imy

Soldato
tummelv: The ST220's engine is too quiet if anything. Coming from a Focus myself it's practically inaudible in comparison unless thrashing it. At motorway speeds it's wind and tyre noise you got to worry about. Just drive one (or get a passenger ride in one) and listen!

R220: good job on the bumper!

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Oh I didn't realise you upgraded.
I already have xenon headlights on mine.
Not sure how the bulbs fair over time, wether they lose brightness or whatever. :S
Yeah they do lose brightness over time. The new bulbs I put in were noticeably brighter than the ones they replaced but they are likely a better performing bulb from stock anyway.

Associate
I ended up with 2 new Michelin PS3's as the garage had no Conti Sport Contact 5's. Still barely used Conti Sport Contact 3's on the back.

Just passed it's MOT with flying colours, and serviced it at the same time. I should take some pictures of it at some point.

Soldato
Put car on ramp this morning, the centre section is missing a rubber mount, hence the rattle noise.

Listened to loads of videos last night of Milltek,JP,Blueflame exhausts and I just don't like any of them. The noise just doesn't suit the car imo.

Also been looking at facelift rear lights with the chrome strip, do these fit 2004 cars? Is the light bulb essembly the same? Can you remove the chrome strip and replace with blue?

Back
Top Bottom