Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Hmm might pump mine up a bit then.

I run 36 front, 40 rear (usually have some stuff in the back).

Maybe I've been reading them the wrong way round all these years!

I've got the original options brochure at home which should say if Sports Suspension was standard on the ST220. It kinda makes sense that it would be.

The kerb weight sounds right.

It is contradictory because only the ST220 got the 226PS 3.0 engine in the UK, the 3.0 in the Titanium was the 203PS.

The 43-38/44-46 pressures are stated for a continuous road speed over 220Km/H - 136MPH!

It seems the acceptable range is 34-44psi in the front and 31-46psi in the rear.

The midpoint of those values is 39psi all round!

There may have been plans to make the 226 PS engine available to other models at the time the manual went to print so they left the standard suspension tyre pressure reference in there. That's the problem you get with manuals that cover more than one model.

One other thing, as I mentioned in another post (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=23850856&postcount=706) I have been getting uneven tyre wear. I wonder now if under-inflated tyres is the cause.

I'm going to try 43/38 to see if it helps even out the tyre wear. I may have to live with poor traction for a while.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom