Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Not added any pics for a while.

IMG_2405_zpsd13105d5.jpg~original

IMG_2404_zpsca143008.jpg~original

IMG_24222_zps07f6f346.jpg~original

Soldato
Has anyone seen a pool of fluid under their car from the climate control? Yesterday my mrs parked up at work and there was what she described as a "flood" of fluid. The garage around the corner said it was just condensation from the climate control, is this common?

I've told her to keep an eye on the temps and pull over if anything changes.

Soldato
OP
Got to work this morning to find one of my jacking point covers dangling from its thread. I thought I heard something knocking on the way in.

Bloody things - time to re-introduce the heat gun and bend them back into shape. I'd buy some fresh new ones if they weren't about £20 EACH

Soldato
OP
Oh if it didn't have any then I'd have to buy some.. Christ :p But they just seem to warp over time and not fit as tightly it seems! None have fallen off completely yet..

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Mine are in pretty bad shape and one is badly warped also. How do they get warped in the first place?

Can't get my new double-din stereo to fit properly - it won't go all the way back into the cage. It's either catching on the angled ceiling of the hole or the thick cables are getting trapped behind.

Soldato
Got a strange squeaking at very low speed from my front left, any ideas what it might be? Disc doesn't seem excessively hot, so don't think it's something binding in the pad. Possibly just a normal thing that I'm only noticing because I actually drive with the windows open at the moment?

Soldato
OP
Mine are in pretty bad shape and one is badly warped also. How do they get warped in the first place?
I wish I knew. I heat mine up and bend them occasionally which makes them a tighter fit.

It's either catching on the angled ceiling of the hole.

I envisaged this to be one of the problems of fitting a double-DIN unit. If you look at the OE Sony unit, you can see the front is at an angle so it's flat where the metal chassis angles downwards.

or the thick cables are getting trapped behind.
I had this trouble, I got a hacksaw and cut out a bit of the plastic dashboard "skeleton" at the back and to the left.

Can you not see where it gets stuck as you slowly push it in? How much farther does it need to go?

Got a strange squeaking at very low speed from my front left, any ideas what it might be? Disc doesn't seem excessively hot, so don't think it's something binding in the pad. Possibly just a normal thing that I'm only noticing because I actually drive with the windows open at the moment?

When does / doesn't it do it other than when going slowly?

Back
Top Bottom