Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
Need to get some front springs, and thinking whether to get another set from Ford or 'Sachs' from Eurocarparts but not heard of them before.

Associate
I need to get a price tomorrow but I shouldn't imagine it costing much more than the ones from eurocarparts. My local dealer wanted 320 odd quid to supply + fit a spring and a bearing on just the o/s/f. Outrageous. :o

Soldato
IMG_2490_zps00772f6b.jpg~original

IMG_2502_zps58a24c16.jpg~original

Been a few days since i took her out. Felt sorry for her so gave her a good ragging. Felt like a rocket ship after driving around in the 1.4 all weekend...

Associate
I need to get a price tomorrow but I shouldn't imagine it costing much more than the ones from eurocarparts. My local dealer wanted 320 odd quid to supply + fit a spring and a bearing on just the o/s/f. Outrageous. :o

Ok maybe not then... pair of front oem springs comes in at £253. :eek:

Now thinking whether to go the eibach route. Can get a whole set for around £200 and won't have to do the springs again (quite a common problem it seems), the only thing is I'm not sure about at the moment is whether I want the car lowered.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Yeah, it really does. Shame about the ***** camera on the iPhone.

Ah, im not too bothered about the lights. If anything was to be upgraded, it would be the exhaust.
I've done both my lights and exhaust and I'm uncertain as to which was the better upgrade. The exhaust (JP) gives a bit of a deeper sound up to around 2k rpm but after 3k rpm it's identical to stock. It's still hard to hear it inside the cabin though with the windows up. The lights as you can see below give a decent improvement over stock but I think not as good as xenons on some new cars. They also give a nicer, more modern appearance to the car with the yellow tinge gone.

Standard halogens:
l7iy.jpg

OEM Xenons retrofit with high-end bulbs:
fxo6.jpg

My favourite mod to date though has been the new head unit. So much more convenient now integrating with my phone.

If you don't upgrade to xenons I would still get some decent halogen bulbs in there.

Associate
It'll be a declarable mod for most insurers, so check what it might do to your premium first.

Yeah there is the insurance side of things too. I've decided to keep things stock anyways and ordered the oem parts @ 82.99 each. Will get my local indy to fit them when once they arrive.

Soldato
Looking to service my ST TDCI. Been on opieoils, would the Castrol Magnatec A1 be sufficient? Thinking of oil/filter/airfilter change. Cars on 129k, last service was on 120k.

Anything else I should change?

Soldato
If you have a quick Google you'll be able to grab the Ford service sheets. What you've listed should be every 10k as standard. 130k is a minor if I remember rightly, so you won't need to do much else. The sheets will tell you for definite though.

Back
Top Bottom