Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
Following on from my previous post, the insurance company paid out after some negotiation. I won't be going for another ST as the fuel costs were the one issue I had with the car, 22mpg was hard to stomach!

Soldato
Is it sad that having got home a couple of hours ago, I'm looking forward to driving mine tomorrow? :D

No. I may get mine on the rollers, I feel as if it may have been remapped. The Torkks is just crazy. Really pulls hard and it's surprising as I never really gave it the beans since I bought it. I enjoy mine but it is looking sorry for it's self.

Wheels need a refurb which is next on my list. The bonnet catch may need fixing as the bonnet wouldn't shut today, had a can of wd40 in the car which sorted it. I also need to fix the rear bumper sag, and it needs a service.

Out of all the cars I've purchased, I've enjoyed this the most.

Soldato
Wheel refurb along with the exhaust is something can see happening at some point in the near future, too!

Mine are corroded from the inside as they were causing my tyres to leak air. It's defo on the cards if I can get the diamond cut finish like standard. Exhaust I'm not fussed about, but would like a nice one just for looks really. Might just get a stainless jobby made up.

The fuel mileage is great. :cool: Oh and the torksss.

Soldato
OP
Mine were done at some point before I got the car as they're silver, but they're starting to flake a bit. I'm not interested in the diamond cut finish, will just find a reputable place and get them blasted and re-done in silver.

The V6 in mine is greater, sorry :p

Soldato
OP
My issue is the need of the car - need to find a place which is reputable and who can loan me some temporary wheels

Yes I will indeed Rybo :)

Will need to splash out on some new centre caps to go along with the refurb too as they're a bit scabby. Both issues aren't really noticeable from a distance but I'm a bit anal

Soldato
OP
Howard where can I get Ford badges from like the originals? Or gel alternatives.

A part of me wants to go lime green on the badges and callipers.
Behave.

Cheers Howard. Did you enjoy your holiday?

Vita, NO!

We absolutely loved it mate thanks. Such a fantastic diverse place. I've got 1,200 photos to go through and edit, you're welcome to add me on Facebook or something if you so wish :p

Soldato
Having had my wheels refurbed a couple of years ago, I can really recommend getting them powder coated. If you get a light silver with a slight metallic fleck, then they look exactly like standard when you're not comparing next to another Mondeo, and the durability is just so much better than the diamond cut.

Soldato
OP
Just been out for a blast - Felt good driving this thing again, had a good hoon :D

Also remembered the rimz for Rybo. Excuse the filth, I'm going to clean it later or tomorrow and can take more then if required:

xRMQOMc.jpg

EvqlICB.jpg

QkiOFCI.jpg

yt97Avv.jpg

Soldato
We absolutely loved it mate thanks. Such a fantastic diverse place. I've got 1,200 photos to go through and edit, you're welcome to add me on Facebook or something if you so wish :p

Ah, good stuff! I would like to go there one day but it is more of a couple's place rather than a family place. Don't have Facebook unfortunately/fortunately. Mrs does though so might be able to nose through hers.

Cheers for the pics. The alloys look just like normal. Yours look perfect compared to mine, mine are truly rotten.

Will be a few month till I sort them out. Need to be getting back into a stable job before I spend any more on the car.

What spark plugs are recommended? Straight from Ford?

Soldato
OP
Ah, good stuff! I would like to go there one day but it is more of a couple's place rather than a family place.

This is absolutely true - we saw a few families with young children in parts where they just seemed bored / out of place - granted there's lots for families to do, like the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai - stunning place, but yeah.

Cheers for the pics. The alloys look just like normal. Yours look perfect compared to mine, mine are truly rotten.
They're not perfect, but they're not horrendous no. They're slowly getting worse though - I sometimes notice a little bit more bubbling or scabbing as I'm washing them.

What spark plugs are recommended? Straight from Ford?

Yep. These. It's a fun job. :D

Soldato
OP
Well everyone's different so I guess you just need to experiment with the eight-way adjustment. I have my seat as low as it'll go, tilted back slightly, with the back at a comfortable not-too-reclined angle and far enough back so that my arms are slightly bent when holding the wheel.

Back
Top Bottom